Nippon inspired marines

Some experimenting going on with n ew pc and old models that were collecting dust, this is still wip.

Notes, i named them Japanese inspired cause i do not intend to go full blown Samurai, i want ninjas in it as well. And yes i have been playing Fire Emblem Fates. I was also out of gold and washes, so wip. The banner comes from a High Elves Chariot, in case someone wonders about it)

The leaders banner has the Japanese Calagraphy for Imperial Truth on the banner while the SHoutgun scouts have Hunter on there shoulders. My friend google helped here, i just picked the first thing that appeared, so it might be completly wrong, iam not Japanese. The head wings are that way to make that banner a bit more solid, so its practical, and i think it looks nice.

The leader will be a count as Sicarius, it has all the stuff the original model has as well, eg Plasmapistol and the sword sheathed in his hand.

http://img03.deviantart.net/bac1/i/2016/159/2/b/japanese_spacemarines2_by_akobes-da5fj1o.jpg

I will say I really like the pose you have for the Captain.  I had not thought of using the kneeling legs with another pair to get that look of elevation and it seems like it would be fairly simple to do as well.

As far as the calligraphy, it's very neat, much neater than I think I would be able to get, but I like it.  How did you apply it?  A brush would be the obvious answer but I know of paint pens out there as well.

Thats actually a cut up normal leg, not the kneeling one.

I used a rather big brush for it, a revell one, it might be that its simply because the brush can be easily flattened between my fingers and it will stay that way if i dont push it on the model to hard. (those brushes are also pretty cheap btw, between 1 and 2 euros)

Thanks with the symbols, guess i had hunter correct (hooray for me and my google friend), so that mirrored F thingy is supposed to be attached to the upper one, penned the correct one down btw, ready to change it when i get the chance.

I read Chinese, not Japanese, so it took me some time to figure out the last character there, 实. In Chinese it is most common for words to be formed from two characters. The imperial truth is a made up thing in the 40k universe, so thinking about it, at least in Chinese, I think that making up the word 皇真 is the best way to represent it. Maybe Japanese is similar.

I be looking into that Nippon badassery other marine chapter. 

I dunno how similar Chinese or Japanese are, but as its Nippon styled (with a flair of fire emblem fates thrown into the mix) i think i should stay as close as possible to the Japanese calagraphy. Although being the 41st millenium some of it might have become mixed up, who knows.

On a side note, i know that a while ago there was one on the B&C who made up a missing legion based on Samurai (i thought those were badassery as well), we also know that Ultramarines had a sudden increase in numbers during the Crusade era. So maybe i should put both together and have this succesor chapter be an Ultramarine succesor chapter (2nd founding) who know where they actually came from (eg 1 of the lost legions) and what the Emperors mission actually was, hence the Imperial truth on the banner.

I dunno how similar Chinese or Japanese are, but as its Nippon styled (with a flair of fire emblem fates thrown into the mix) i think i should stay as close as possible to the Japanese calagraphy. Although being the 41st millenium some of it might have become mixed up, who knows.

If you are writing Kanji, they are the same. Like Kierdale said, single character words are not common like two character words are, even if the idea can be described in one character. You can make Imperial Truth be two words translated literally into two two character words for a total of four characters, or you can make Imperial Truth be one word made up of two characters. You can obviously do whatever you want, but this is just the way words are and how new words are made.

Working on my 1st Tactical squad so i would like some help on some Japanese Calagraphy, i was thinking of putting the word Warrior on the first squad and fighter on another. I think Tactical Squad 1 and 2 might be a bit to much of the good stuff.

On a side note, i be putting those words on the leg instead of the shoulder pad, it makes it a lot easier to paint on due to shape, and the white looks pretty good next to this red (btw, its not GW or any other fancy red paint, its red from a Dutch store named action, pretty cheap if you ask me but it looks nice imo) 

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of wip pictures, still needs to have alot of work on that red and white.

http://img01.deviantart.net/f81f/i/2016/174/9/3/foto1_by_akobes-da7aupc.jpg

http://img12.deviantart.net/b59e/i/2016/174/4/7/untitled_by_akobes-da7auhk.jpg

Archived