What would you put in a DA Start Collecting.

Rodiger

I am guessing we will get a start collecting box soon. The Battleforce has gone, I am unsure of the status of the Dark Vengeance expansion, Chaos are getting one, so we might. I am purely guessing. And sorry if this has been covered before, I had a search but couldn't find anything. 

The trend of the start collecting boxes seems to be along the lines of a HQ, Troops and a special unit.

Usually we tend to get Ravenwing forces, the obvious collection would be bikes, an Attack Bike and a Landspeeder, but that was the Battleforce, so we won’t be getting that again. To the best of my knowledge the Start Collecting boxes are also not existing formations.  Ravenwing don’t have a HQ model, except Sammael but I doubt he will be in the box being resin and web exclusive. My guess would be the Interrogator Chaplain will be the HQ with the Deathwing box and a Venerable Dreadnought, the price for all three would be similar to other boxes before the discount. If the HQ is the Interrogator Chaplain it is hard to fit Ravenwing in there. A Dark Shroud in the box would be great, maybe with the Ravenwing Bikes and a Landspeeder that would also be the right price range, but no HQ, and that seems to be the theme.

It is just some fun speculation, we might not even get one, Dark Vengeance is a pretty good start collecting box in itself. So what do you think? What do you think would be in it? What would you put in it?

TAC squad, Dark Angels Shoulder pads set, Plastic Chaplain, Ravenwing Black Knights or Deathwing Knights.

Every marine force has had power armor and bolters so far. The only other thing could be Robed Vets.

Start Collecting Dark Angels

Masters of the Hunt

HQ-Interrogator Chaplain-Bike

Fast-3 Black Knights

Elite- 5 Deathwing Knights

Special Rules:

Deathwing Knights arrive Turn 1 and can assault if within 6'' of the Interrogator Chaplain

Or

Units from this formation within 12'' of the Interrogator Chaplain have Shred

I think it would be difficult to make something specifically Dark Angels without including some specific units like the RWBK or the DWCS.

The problem is that DV *is* basically the "Start Collecting DA (and Chaos, ahem)" at £65, and the DV expansion was a unit of RWBK and DWCS plus a flyer...

Since the DV expansion has sold out (and so has the DA battleforce, which was all Ravenwing), I could see a unit of RWBK, one DWCS, and the new Chaplain being considered, despite it adding up to £83 which makes it potentially one of the "best value" sets.

Anyway, I say again: DV. You get three squads and two characters for £65 which is very good and frankly hard to beat (...and yes, you also get all those other Chaos chaps too... Sigh).

Chaplain on bike, ravenwing bike squad, deathwing terminator squad.

Terminators can deepstrike on turn 1 within 18" of chaplain without scattering.

Terminators get preferred enemy vs single enemy unit that is decided before the game starts.

The Dark Vengeance set really is a great start collecting box, I wasn't thinking we would get one, but the release of the Chaos one made me think we will. The monopose DV models may put some experienced gamers off, I think the Start Collecting boxes are for new players as much as old players who want to start a new army or make some allies. I think it has to have the Interrogator Chaplain in it, they all have a HQ and he is our only non generic one in plastic. Apart from that I don't know, it has to have another Dark Angels unit in it. The IC, Deathwing and a Land Raider Crusader would be awesome, but that's not going to happen. Unless it's the Black Knights squad, Deathwing squad and the IC, I don't see them mixing wings, although the Tyranid box seems a bit of a random bag. 

@ Rodiger:

I think it's more that the Chaos set is generic (like the Space Marine one), whereas the Dark Angel would would need to be at least partially-specific to merit its own box.

DW and RW mix with a Chappy makes sense as a task force hunting Fallen.

Alternately, what about: two sets of DA vets, Chappy, Predator? That could work quite well in terms of value and points typical of the other bundles, and could be a nice compliment to DV as well.

@ Major Gilbear. Good point about the chaos one being generic, I hadn't considered that. My thinking with the chaos one was that DV is also a good start collecting chaos box too, so I wasn't excepting them to get one either. They maybe Crimson Slaughter, but the models can paint up as other factions. I like the idea of your box, it's quite hard to make a greenwing one that isn't just space marines.

• 2 weeks later...

So now that Blood Angels have gotten one I assume we will too. The question is what will it contain?

My guess is:

- Librarian in TDA

- Tactical squad w/ dark angels upgrade

- regular dreadnought

Librarian in TDA because while we have the interrogator chaplain he doesn't fit the TDA theme of starter HQs. The other two though I'm having trouble deciding.

Thinking about what probably doesn't sell the best and is not in another set of ours, maybe a LSV/DS instead of the bikes/speeders options.

I doubt we'd get a Neph/DT as they are in the DV expansion, but either are in the right price range (about a Pred cost). You wouldn't see three speeders due to price.

These combo boxes are not for our benefit and are there to move stocks of less purchased items, what else moves less often and costs about a pred?.

We did this here last week or so! ;)

I think two Veteran kits, the Interrogator Chaplain, and a tank of some sort would be a strong possibility based on what's in the BA set. Failing that, RWBK, DWCS, and the Int Chappy also looks along the lines of bundles DA have had recently, and both my suggestions come to about the right value of £85-ish (reduced to £50 for the bundle).

As for dual kits; the Nids, Mechanicus, and Tempestus boxes have some, and the Eldar and Chaos Marines have dual character kits. Probably others too. It's not a big deal really.

Archived