Draft FAQ'S and DA

DarkAngeal

There's a lot changing out there with these FAQ'S being released still, and though we haven't gotten to ours, there was a very interesting precident being set here by a question about the skyhammer annihilation force: can a character join them and benefit from their formation rules?

Answer: yes, they can join; no, they don't benefit from the rules.

I look at this ruling and at our deathwing strike force: could we gain the ability to start on the table in our land raiders afterall?

There's other big stuff too-- one relic per character, and drop pod doors DO block line of sight... anything else important?

I know these technically aren't for "Dark Angels" but they are likely to carry through and can be used to support your argument/decision in your gaming group.

Q) Is it possible for an Apothecary to carry items from the Special Weapons and/or Melee Weapons list (by a veteran purchasing upgrades, and being subsequently upgraded to an Apothecary).

A) yes

Note: This effectively means that the order of upgrade is determined while building the list and nothing else. I would imagine this is true for GW/DW/RW apothecaries as well.

Q) In the librarius conclave, if you nominate a Librarian to benefit from Empyric Channelling, can the other librarians in the formation within 12" of the nominated librarian attempt to manifest psychic powers in the same psychic phase?

A) No

Note: I don't recall the formation explicitly stating that other librarians could not also manifest powers, so this is likely going to put a full stop to our own enclave as well.

Q) Do Blood Angels, Space WOlves, Grey Knights, and Dark Angels all count as having Chapter Tactics for the purpose of joining allied space marine units? That is, does my ultramarines unit lose the benefits of Chapter Tactics if they are joined by Mephiston?

A) If a unit from any of these factions joins a unit with the space marines faction, or vice versa, neither unit benefits from chapter tactics

Note: Sucks to be an ultrasmurf

Q) Can an auspex be used in overwatch

A) Yes

Note: Excellent news for supreme fire discipline

Q) In a Gladius Strike Force, is a unit allowed to take a drop pod as a dedicated transport but then deploy on the board while the drop pod deep strikes?

A) Technically, taking a drop pod as a dedicated transport and then deploying the unit and the drop pod seperately is something you can do

Note: While not directly beneficial to DA, it gives hope that the DWSF situation will be resolved

Most of the FAQ was for derp questions, but there were some nice nuggets of info in there.

It's great for the regular apothecaries, looks like DW are still stuck with no melee weapon though. I guess they can have the heavy weapon...

Brother Athelos extracts progenoid glands with a plasma cannon.

He's that baller.

I got as excited as Arkley about Apothecaries keeping their weapons when you upgrade them.

I've just ordered a 5 man breacher squad to get the cool shields with the gun slit to make a Command Squad with Grav Guns and Storm Shields. Now I can also give them all Feel No Pain and not lose 3 Grav Shots! Hooray!

The DW Apothecary will be harder to deal with as it specifically says swap the powerfist for a narthecium. I agree with CardinalVirtue give him the Heavy Weapon.

I got as excited as Arkley about Apothecaries keeping their weapons when you upgrade them.

I've just ordered a 5 man breacher squad to get the cool shields with the gun slit to make a Command Squad with Grav Guns and Storm Shields. Now I can also give them all Feel No Pain and not lose 3 Grav Shots! Hooray!

but dat point cost. It hurts just taking the banner and grav guns, but it's not a bad idea. It would be a tough nut to crack.

but dat point cost. It hurts just taking the banner and grav guns, but it's not a bad idea. It would be a tough nut to crack.

Dont care I just paint :P *Does happy dance* :)

Ahh but you can build the rest of your army around it! Put it in a Lion's blade and they are objective secured also and put your company master in with an auspex, articifer armour and the eye of the unseen and they will make a mess with the master tanking AP3 and higher for them. No one will want to charge them with full BS overwatch and preferred enemy.

Expensive? Yes but would be loads of fun.

Keep everything else cheap but effective and you are good to go.

Well there is one issue in there that affects the Ravenwing.

Land Speeder gunner weapon... use the rail as the guide for the fire arc.

I believe most of us were playing that way, but is always nice to to see confirmation.

That weapon is essentially on a sponson.

When I was assembling my speeders I found I had a bunch of extra torsos and gunner arms in my bitz box, so I ended up making a HB torso and a MM torso for each speeder.

They just rest on the speeder on the gunner legs during the game, and allow me to turn the gunner along that rail.

This doesn't really account for how limber a space marine in power armor is, given that his feet are locked pointing forward, and so all of this movement would have to be twisting at the waist.

However when the gunner is able to move freely the gun can point at a target on the left side of the speeder just in front of the driver all the way around to just off the tail-fin on the right side of the speeder.

That might not mean much as we will most likely want to fire both weapons, and so would be limited by the fire arc of the AC or TML.

But it is a good thing to remember when you are considering the Ravenshield rule from the RWSS and that we can protect more units given that wider arc.

The front turret on our larger speeders has a larger arc, being able to swing from just past the cockpit on the left to the tail-fin on the right.

Don't change your apothecaries! GW made a comment on that FAQ page that it's an error. The response should be "No" for that question and they can't change the image without removing all the FAQ images. So for now, it's still the same and they can't take special/melee weapons. Boo dry.png

Don't change your apothecaries! GW made a comment on that FAQ page that it's an error. The response should be "No" for that question and they can't change the image without removing all the FAQ images. So for now, it's still the same and they can't take special/melee weapons. Boo dry.png

From Comments:

Hey Folks,

Whoops, we got one wrong there.

For the last question on this page, the answer should be 'No'.

Please refrain from cutting all the arms off your Apothecaries, they need them for their nartheciums.

Q: Is it possible for an Apothecary to carry items from the Special Weapons and/or Melee Weapons lists (e.g. by a Veteran purchasing upgrades, and being subsequently upgraded to an Apothecary)?

A: No.

Archived