BA and Emperor Worship

Tyriks

I'm a little late to the discussion, but I think it's been stated in various canon sources that the worship/not worship of the Emperor of Mankind as a divine being is a chapter-by-chapter, or even marine-by-marine, experience.  I could even get behind the idea that some chapters' views on the subject have shifted over 10,000 years of turnover among staff.

The notion that all Astartes are of one mind on any subject has pretty much never been portrayed as true in anything I've read in the setting.  I have to imagine this applies to the Emperor's divinity.

I think it was in the BRB but maybe C:SM, but one of them said that even the primarchs would eventually die of old age.

That just doesn't seem likely. Especially with the illuminate, and the search for the sired sons of the Emperor.
I found it. It's from Dark Millennium, page 58, 4th paragraph. "Although long-lived, the Primarchs were not immortal..."

The Emperor is a different story, though, and so who knows if his kids would age, or if those are even still canon.

Archived