Sanguinius - load out

LukeTheButcher

I have picked up a sweet scibor mini I want to use as the Angel, but I need a few details if you can. 1. What colour was his hair? 2. What were his weapons? Sword and....?

Cheers!

Luke

Thanks Du

Hair has been described as Blonde mostly but also black and even white.

He has a sword and a spear, the spear of telesto.

Thank for the response Dude.

So fairly open to interpretation. I will have to see what works best with gold armour.  

I was kinda hoping for a wrist mounted combi-bolter, as that would work with the space on the wrist with the mini (came with a shield) and I will have to see if a spear fits with the pose of the mini too.

Cheers!

Luke

I'm fear to tread he has a sword and a wrist blade. I expect he has an inferno pistol or similar but it's never mentioned.

The spear isn't depicted in any art so far and hasn't been mentioned in heresy stories, I suspect it'll be like the spear or Russ - a weapon made for the Angel but rarely/never used

All official art has his hair as blonde and all but one story had it as blonde as far as I've seen, it's black in horus rising but was later suggested as being related to the fact he was in mourning (he also had a painter tear under one eye for the scene).

Ranged weaponry is not necisarry. His sole gaze is a range 48'' lance 7'' blast melta assault 5 weapon!!!

Tbh if you think it looks good with a wrist mounted bolter you should go for it. When fw makes him i guess he will be sporting a sword and the wristblade that blindhamster mentioned. But i think its very possible that he will also have some kind of beefed up inferno pistol or hand flamer.

Let the rule of cool decide. Remember to post a picture of the model :)

I know that feeling all too well. Just getting back into the hobby with betrayal at Calth, so I'm well aware it's just a matter of time. I'm fairly sure there's a cursory mention in Fear to Tread of an Inferno pistol which gets used once. Also post Signus Prime he has a black blood drop electoo under one eye. As far as equipment/ armour goes you can pretty much do whatever you want. As a primach, Sanguinius would have had access to Throne knows how many weapons and sets of armour. There's a wonderful little scene in "The Lion" where Lion el Johnson is sitting in his arming chamber deciding what weapons to use out of the hundreds on the walls which gets this idea across quite well I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a point, if you've only got one shot, Master-Crafted and Twin-linked effectively do the same thing, so maybe play it as a master-crafted two-shot Infernus pistol? You'd get two shots, and be able to reroll one miss. Sounds solid for a primarch to me.

It was a little tongue in cheek as their are no 30k rules yet

12" S9 AP1 Assault 2 Melta

Possibly a bit too strong, but then again - Primarch shooting is fairly strong for the most part. Just look at Vulkan's death beam revolver.

Really though I am SUPER hoping for the Spear of Telesto when FW give us rules.

Energy blasts that vaporize all but those of the Sanguinius bloodline? Sign me up. I'm hoping it'll be a Fleshbane Template with AP3 and rending or something.

Would it be realistic for them to give him the sword and spear and let us choose which one to use? Doesn't Fulfrim have two swords to choose from?

That mini melta lance would be awesome though...

It would!

Ferrus and Perturabo can be fielded with/without the hammer.

Fulgirm can choose his sword.

Corax can be fielded post Istvaan for a cheaper price and some different rules.

Would it be realistic for them to give him the sword and spear and let us choose which one to use? Doesn't Fulfrim have two swords to choose from?

That mini melta lance would be awesome though...

It would!

Ferrus and Perturabo can be fielded with/without the hammer.

Fulgirm can choose his sword.

Corax can be fielded post Istvaan for a cheaper price and some different rules.

I know this is off topic but am very curious now, what happened to Corax after Istavaan that would make him cheaper? Did he become worse/ have worse special rules after his legion was almost massacred? Or physically injured maybe? 

If i'm told this is too derailing i'll delete it! Sorry ahead of time!

Archived