Is this an old Lemartes miniature?

Helias_Tancred

He was the old Chaplain from the 2nd Ed BA codex DC box.  Was him leading a squad of DC.  He was also the cover character of the Angels of Death (DA and BA) codex from 2nd ed. 

To add, back in third when they dropped that DC box he was available as a blister for a good while. At least that's how I got mine.

The old Lemartez model was the first one I painted when I got back into the hobby ~6 years back. I always thought it looked like he was about to lay someone out with the most ridiculous weapon imaginable and absolutely loved it.

27655192576_188e8a057f.jpg

A part of me wants to strip/repaint him to my current standards but I'll likely leave him as is. Sadly when I managed to find that old Chaplain from the OP here his pistol hand had already been cut off so I acquired his Crozius for another model's needs. Very cool old model!

*snip*

A part of me wants to strip/repaint him to my current standards but I'll likely leave him as is. Sadly when I managed to find that old Chaplain from the OP here his pistol hand had already been cut off so I acquired his Crozius for another model's needs. Very cool old model!

It is of course up to you and he has a fine paint job as it stands but I found great joy in re-painting some old models and giving them a paint job they deserve. I admit the models I'm talking about were a couple of decades old with awful paintjobs, so it's not quite the same ;)

Yeah, I've got this guy.   The old Lemartes as well.  In fact, I have another old chaplain that I don't see in many armies these days.  Most of my models predate even third edition.  I know I don't have one newer than 4th.  I just started stripping them down and remodeling them.  Paint will come next.  I haven't played a match in nearly 11-12 years now, so I've got time.

Archived