Hello Battle-Brothers and Officers

Hello fellow hunters of the fallen.

After spending many weeks lurking on the forum I decided to introduce myself to my fellow bretheren. I would have posted sooner but found most of what I would say in a topic was already covered.

Now painting is not one of my strengths so do not expect too many pictures. I am a seasonedish player, and have a roughly 10k points Dark angels army.

My current opponent pool isn't too big, so I don't get to play many races so I am bit behind on the current metas and opponent strengths.

So what I ask you fellow battle brothers, what do you find you struggle with facing these days? I will be finding more opponents soon so seek your advise on who to whatch out for.

Welcome to the Rock!  It is always a good day when we welcome another Battle Brother!  Mostly I have been playing against Necrons without any luck or wins.  I have been using a double demi with lots of free Razorbacks. What they have been fielding is vehicles with high armour value and lots of gauss weaponry.  Their gauss guns auto glance on to hit rolls of 6.  Part of my problem is not bringing enough high strength weapons.  Plasma cannons are good for taking out their warriors but I cannot seem to bring enough concentrated fire on their heavies to get rid of them.  Always bring some bikes with grav guns.  They have relentless and can fire 3 shots at full range.  In my opinion, it is one of the best ways for us DA's to get grav on the board.

I haven't played much Deathwing or large Ravening army lists.  So I cannot help you there.  I spend most of my time modelling and painting! 

(You should get a vow in for the ETL before it closes in less than an hour!)

Hello there and welcome

Our group plays with toned down stuff but you can really go to town with formations making for some really bad match ups, you need to know what level of cheese your opponent is fetching and not fetch too much yourself, we have some powerful combo's these days.

I wouls place a vow but I doubt I would actually get it done haha.

My house mate plays necrons and space wolves and I have little trouble there. I find 5 man tactical squads with melta and plenty of multi-meltas with a good spread of charachters to spread the fearless around and to help tip combats works well against necrons, especially a few Librarians for your command if your fielding a double-demi.

Does anyone have any experience fighting harlequins as that is probably the next enemy I will face.

I can bring alot of cheese with 2 demi companies, all special charachters and at least one of everything other than whirlwhind and land raider redeemer.

Archived