Honour the Ancients

Rafen IX

Venerable brothers!

This coming Sunday the heretical forces of chaos and the primordial evil of daemons will be trying their very hardest to eliminate the blood angels and imperial fists in a 3000 per player apocalypse battle!

Now the scene is set lol

I'm really looking for any input or suggestions on what to include, what to look out for and counter.

To give you some rough guidelines

The daemon player routinely relies on summoning with his horrors camping backfield pumping new units at me while fate weaver and be'lakor fly about casting D strength psychic powers and making khorne spider Titans invisible.

The chaos player is abit of an unknown, he usually plays nids and will be drawing from a limited selection of units including a land raider, terminator Lord plus terminator retinue and many plasma chosen.

The glorious imperial fist player is bringing a stern hammer detachment with Lysander some centurions rocking las and missiles (I know no grav, I'm as shocked as you, until he said they have tank hunter), thunder fire cannons and a knight.

Myself I'm using for the first time the Angels fury spearhead formation, three Ravens and three tacticals.

Dante with a SP and Sang guard, two 7 man jump death company with hammer and sword each, scouts, cassor, my own knight. Leaving my roughly 600 pts.

Grey Knights would be a welcome ally to go some way to stopping witchfires.

So my brothers, now turn thine venerable thoughts to combating the traitor!

I'm seriously excited for this game.

R

Bring a Deredeo or a Sicaran to shoot things out of the air. Or both. Sounds like neutralising the air threat will make life easier. Then use the big guns to shoot whatever else you like, because, well, big guns are cool.

Haha! That sounds glorious indeed brother, however I only have two ten man properly painted death company squads.

I'm loving that mental image though, but it does mean an awful lot of brothers falling to the curse at least half a company!

R

Archived