Debate, Tycho => Dead Man Hand, and Profile Idea, Page 2

As you are all aware, since 7th edition, Tycho looses his "Dead Man Hand" weapons. While i think that this change, may have for origin the fact that it was hardly "normal" that Tycho may have such "Weapons" without visibility on the model, i may have figure of a way, that may bring this weapon back from the Ashes.

What if the Dead Man Hand was a Power fist at initiative ?

=> It would be AP 2, so like 5Ed incarnation, it negate armour + it could damage vehicle (The famous +d6^^ of the previous).

=> Such change would see a little rise of point, but would rise Tycho utility. Since he does not have Jump Pack, he would still be "less" powerfull than Dante, but it would represent another side of the Blood Angels, and should really go well along Seth for the Flesh Tearers...

Talking about WYSIWYG of Blood angels - Tycho - where is his Iron halo?

Sanguinor - where is FNP fron his unlisted chalice?

Astorath-Sanguinor-Sanguinary guard - do I really need to glue this wings?

So it's just a talk how bad our codex is written

Also - Tycho's deadhand is a 5th ed addtion - in previus codicies he didn't posessed one. But he always gave his leadership on the board

I'd love Tycho to get something for the deadman's hand again. I really think rending would be good. I've always imagined him forgoing any kind of melee weapon in favor of ripping things apart with his bare hands.

Slightly OT but I think Malakim Phoros is a good alternate for the time being but his rules prevent you from taking any other unit with "chapter master" in it's name, so no Dante. He's got a meltagun equivalent, decent melee, and when he takes a wound he gets stronger along with providing hatred.

Look closely at tycho's left hand. There are in fact little holes modeled in above the knuckles. I think these are the digital weapons/dead man's hand.

As for stats, I think that S user AP 3 would be fine, but S user AP 2 Armourbane would certainly be good too!

I think many of us can agree that Eramus is one of the coolest characters in BA. I sure do miss 5th ed

With that name, how could he not be!

Although, my personal favorites are Dante and Corbulo. Yes, I like the 90s flat Corbulo model. The vampiric not-corbulo sanguinary priest is insulting

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if this is too much of a nerco but I was thinking about this thread the other day and rather than having an AP value I think a good rule for the Dead Man's Hand would be: 'Successful saves against Tycho's melee attacks must be rerolled." Also armour bane :)

I think many of us can agree that Eramus is one of the coolest characters in BA. I sure do miss 5th ed

With that name, how could he not be!

Although, my personal favorites are Dante and Corbulo. Yes, I like the 90s flat Corbulo model. The vampiric not-corbulo sanguinary priest is insulting

I intended to name a captain in my home brewed successor Erasmus when I found out there already was one. I looked up his stats, excited, and then was a little sad.

Anybody remember in 3rd edition when tyco went death company during the third battle for armageddon... and died... and became a death company dreadnaught... (if I remember right the 3rd ed ba codex didn't have a death co dread prior to this)

So awesome!

Anybody remember in 3rd edition when tyco went death company during the third battle for armageddon... and died... and became a death company dreadnaught... (if I remember right the 3rd ed ba codex didn't have a death co dread prior to this)

So awesome!

I totally stand to be corrected here, but i believe the Tycho as dreadnought rumour was exactly that, a rumour.  It was floating about the intrawebs before the actual deets came out- then came out and nothing was there to back it up. 

I remember this because when i read the rumour I painted up a gold furioso!! ><;  

Again, stand to be corrected on this detail point though.

I do. It was in a white dwarf issue where they did a "What if" type thing and gave a chapter approved article which had stats for a Tycho Dread.

The model had large ork claws instead of normal dread arms. They even had an order form of the parts you needed to build your own.

Well it was definitely in the us one because I think that's where I remembered it from. Along side a list for running a 100% deathcompany army. (Going so far as to say their armour could justifiably still be red if the rage took to far and there wasn't anyone left sane to paint it black.

Right and I forgot about moriar... doh.

Archived