3000 Word Bearers vs Death Guard

Seahawk

I have a game coming up tomorrow; first one with my BaC dudes (and 30k in general). Always appreciate pointers, so here we go:

RoW: Pride of the Legion

[450] Lorgar Transfigured

[175] Zardu Layak
[110] Legion Centurion – Primus Medicae, arty armor, plasma pistol

[180] Contemptor-Mortis – kheres assault cannon
[305] Mhara Gal Tainted Dreadnought
[390] 10 Gal Vorbak – 2 power mauls, Dark Martyr w/arty armor, tainted weapon

[275] 10 Veterans – 2 missile launchers, arty armor, power fist (sniper)
[275] 10 Veterans – 2 missile launchers, arty armor, power fist (sniper)

[130] Vindicator – laser destroyer
[190] Sicaran Venator
[340] Spartan – flare shield, armored ceramite

I know my friend will be playing Death Guard with Mortarion and friends of some kind in a Spartan. Beyond that, no idea. Did I make at least an okay list? I wanted to throw down all the dreadnoughts at once, ha.

Check the "Charismatic Leadership" Rule. I'm unsure if Zardu counts as a Chaplain for those purposes.

Otherwise, if you could find the points to slap your Vets into Rhinos, that'd give you some nice mobility and with Suspensor Webs, you're not all that penalized for moving.

I'd also try to find a way to give the Dark Martyr a Power Fist for S10 Ap2. Much more consistent than Rending w/ Instant Death unless you're up against T6+ and even then...

D'oh, of course! I wasn't even thinking of a powerfist! Mostly I wanted to strike first and hope for a rend/ID, but I think a fist will do.

I know Zardu isn't a Chaplain, but doesn't the Centurion count as, y'know, a Centurion and thus fulfill the requirement, regardless of Consul? It's a special rule and not a unit title, after all. Right?

No, it doesn't. Otherwise why specifically call out the Chaplain as fulfilling the requirements?

A basic Centurion is all you need - Zardu will give the Gal Vorbak Zealot already (it's a shame he doesn't count as a Chaplain, given he is the CRIMSON APOSTLE).

With the points saved, I'd at least grab a dozer blade for the Spartan. If you can somehow swing things to get Rhinos for the Vet squads, you're golden - the list looks pretty good to me!

Because Forgeworld is notoriously worse at writing rules than GW? :P

I'll relent though and try to sort something out. It's hard to pass up FNP on 10 Gal Vorbak...

You could always cut down the unit size to free up ~50 points and get a butt naked Centurion without a Consul or Gear. Gives you a Throwaway Challenge Blocker.

3HQ Slots, yo.

Also, just noticed the Plasma Pistol...why not take a Power Fist for the same cost :x?

I knew HH was all about the minmaxing!!!1!1

How about this:

RoW: Pride of the Legion

[450] Lorgar Transfigured

[60] Legion Centurion - boarding shield
[95] Legion Centurion – Chaplain, arty armor
[110] Legion Centurion – Primus Medicae, arty armor, plasma pistol

[305] Mhara Gal Tainted Dreadnought
[375] 10 Gal Vorbak – Dark Martyr w/arty armor, power fist

[265] 10 Veterans – 2 missile launchers, power fist (sniper)

[35] Rhino
[265] 10 Veterans – 2 missile launchers, power fist (sniper)

[35] Rhino

[130] Vindicator – laser destroyer
[190] Sicaran Venator
[325] Spartan – flare shield, dozer blade

All the characters in the Spartan, and now I have defensive grenades so no charge bonuses! :D

No, I'm all about Min Maxing...to a certain degree (ie I PLAY WHAT I WANT DAMNIT! I BUILT AND PAINTED THAT LR ACHILLES I'LL USE IT).

Also, minimizing the odds of RNGesus screwing you in a Dice game is a good thing :p

So, how are you going to deal with Mortarion? Gal Vorbak are an awesome unit with their toughness 5 and 2 wound but keep in mind that grave warden have 3+ poisons and all characters can have rad grenades..all nasty option to take care of the gal vorbak.

Do you have any deamon models? maybe you could tarpit mortarion and his units with summoned deamons? or maybe an deamon ally like Samus or something?

I have no idea! I just wanted to use my models for the first time. :D

I have plenty of daemons. I suppose I can summon some, but since Lorgar can't choose from that discipline, wouldn't I need someone else?

Archived