Heavy Flamer Conversion

NTaW

Hey all, not sure if anyone even needs this since GW has snuck them into both the BA Tac box and the Sternguard kit but this was my solution to not having any heavy flamers in my army when the Codex came out:

As you can see I had a few extra GK weapons lying around. I got them through a trade and was all "tf am I gunna do with these?"

19204730888_ca88ae448f_c.jpg

It should be pretty obvious the steps I took to get where I got. The hardest part was cutting the melta bombs (maybe flamer tanks? I can't decide) in half without sacrificing a finger to the Emperor as well as shaving down the spot on the psycannon where they went. Tiny bits of GS cover my errors.

Here's the finished (unpainted 'cuz I'm SO BAD at getting things painted) model:

18772227303_4d1121fe5a_c.jpg

Hope this helps someone somewhere! thumbsup.gif

Thanks guys, I really liked the idea of underslung heavy flamers so I wasn't about to just slap the incinerators on there easy peasy. The three that I made here are for my Tactical squads as I (one day) will be painting any new bling'd up Tacticals as Sternguard so it makes sense their heavy flamers would look a little nicer.

In their first game played they roasted many a Tyranid before succumbing to the horde.

Archived