2500 Imperial Fists Armored Breakthrough

Lord Blackwood

So I was looking at my list  from the last event and how to expand it out to 2500 for the next event in august , this is what im sitting on  criticism  and conversation welcome. 

+++ Concept High Noon 2500 (2500pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (2500pts) ++

+ HQ (165pts) +

Alexis Polux (165pts)
Master of the Legion [Armoured Breakthrough]

+ Troops (415pts) +

Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron (100pts)
Legion Predator Tank (100pts) [Dozer Blade (5pts), Heavy Bolters (20pts)]

Legion Predator Tank (100pts) [Dozer Blade (5pts), Heavy Bolters (20pts)]

Legion Tactical Squad (215pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier (35pts), 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines (90pts), Legion Vexilla (10pts)]
Legion Tactical Sergeant (20pts) [Artificer Armour (10pts), Combi-Weapon (10pts)]

+ Elites (740pts) +

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank (180pts) [Dozer Blade (5pts), Lascannons (40pts)]

Legion Terminator Squad (560pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Chainfist (10pts), Legion Terminator Sergeant, 4x Legion Terminators (120pts), 3x Power Fist (15pts), Reaper Autocannon (15pts)]
Legion Spartan Assault Tank (345pts) [Armoured Ceramite (20pts), Dozer Blade (5pts), Flare Shield (25pts)]

+ Heavy Support (770pts) +

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank (180pts) [Dozer Blade (5pts), Lascannons (40pts)]

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (395pts)
Leviathan Siege Dreadnought (395pts) [Armoured Ceramite (20pts), Cyclonic Melta Lance (20pts), Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod (65pts), Leviathan Siege Drill (5pts), Phosphex Discharger (15pts)]

Sicaran Venator Tank Destroyer (195pts) [Dozer Blade (5pts)]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [Loyalist, VII: Imperial Fists]

+ Lord of War (410pts) +

War Machine Detachment (410pts)
Legion Typhon Heavy Siege Tank (410pts) [Armoured Ceramite (20pts), Lascannons (40pts)]

Looks awesome!

My only query is the Tac Squad. In a RoW that lets you avoid the tax why take them?

I suppose of all the Legions, IF Tacs are going to perform better than most others due to +1BS... But it seems like 200 points that you could put into two more Predators or even a little Vet Squad in a Rhino with sniper:

5 Guys, AA Sarge and HB is a little under 215 - will probably have a better output overall with Sniper.

What's Polux bringing to the list ?

His warlord trait is essentially wasted, so you might as well bring a cheaper HQ like a Delegatus.

Also, I'd go for more Predators to be honest. They're your scoring units, but are terribly easily destroyed. I'd bring at least four at this points level.

And yeah, ditch those Tacs. They serve no purpose in a list like this. If you want another scoring infantry unit besides your Cataphractii, I'd go for sniper Vets or maybe a plasma support squad.

I am liking the suggestions , thank you gentlemen 

I will re write the list to take sniper vets as opposed to regular tacs. Really  I just sorta wanted to add some more infantry  to the list since while no one fussed  at the last event I did have all my stuff there and felt a little bad that I worked so hard on my regular dudes and almost none of em saw the table XD  

In defense of Pollux I like the strength 10 power fist for killing vehicles and potentially murdering characters , I  really would rather have sigismund and a more choppy scoring unit in the spartan but Pollux sorta is cheap right @ u @ ?   At the last event he performed quite well , tearing apart a spartan and killing 3 characters in melee while not dying himself. I know its not something a delegatus couldnt do as well but  .... .... >.>  the model is so cool  oh  and the autopass on morale checks is a nice thing to have I guess XD 

I do also have the models for a plasma support squad maybe I  will explore that option as well. 

What I dont have is any more predators  yet  the wallet somewhat is strung tightly until things get a bit more sorted over here.  

Again thank you all for the suggestions and the comments I will work on revising the list later tonight when I  get in. 

So this is what the List looks like with the Delagatus swapped in for Pollux 

+++ Prepared for War (2500pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (2500pts) ++

+ HQ (110pts) +

Legion Centurion (110pts) [Artificer Armour, Refractor Field, Solarite Power Gauntlet]
Consul
Delegatus [Master Crafted Weapon]
Rite of Command
Master of the Legion [Armoured Breakthrough]

+ Troops (200pts) +

Legion Predator Tank [Dozer Blade, Heavy Bolters]

Legion Predator Tank [Dozer Blade, Heavy Bolters]

+ Elites (1010pts) +

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank (180pts) [Dozer Blade, Lascannons]

Legion Terminator Squad (545pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Chainfist, Legion Terminator Sergeant, 4x Legion Terminators, 3x Power Fist]
Legion Spartan Assault Tank [Armoured Ceramite, Dozer Blade, Flare Shield]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (285pts) [Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Sniper]
Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Combi-weapon]

+ Heavy Support (770pts) +

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank (180pts) [Dozer Blade, Lascannons]

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (395pts)
Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Armoured Ceramite, Cyclonic Melta Lance, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod, Leviathan Siege Drill, Phosphex Discharger]

Sicaran Venator Tank Destroyer (195pts) [Dozer Blade]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [Loyalist, VII: Imperial Fists]

+ Lord of War (410pts) +

War Machine Detachment (410pts)
Legion Typhon Heavy Siege Tank [Armoured Ceramite, Lascannons]

With Polux still in the list I  would have to cut the  Veterans down to 6 dudes.   I really want to take big Mr. Alexis but at the same time I  understand how big those points saved are 4 veteran marines aren't anything to really sneeze at especially with LA:IF  

Not bad! I like it!

While I did think myself "What is Polux Bringing?" I actually quite like him in the list, he's a nasty combatant and a unique HQ to utilize for sure.

That said, Delegatus is great too. If you can maybe find the points to give him a power sword? You can Master-Craft it for free (as the Gauntlet is already I believe...?) and it gives you the option to strike at high initiative against any chaff you may run into.

I'd also squeeze for a Second Heavy Bolter on the Vets if possible.

It's a shame you can't make use of the Sicaran Battle Tank being Elite in this list. I don't know what you'd drop to fit another Heavy Support unit in the list unfortunately.

The one time I've tried this I lamented only having 4 Predators @ 2500. I played a 40k BA Drop Pod list that wrecked them with melta. That might not be such an issue, but if the other side has a podding Leviathan, especially with a Melta Lance...

Archived