Vengeance Support Squadron

Dark_Master

Greeting,

I have been given a Landspeeder Vengeance or Father's Day. :-)

I already have a Dark shroud, which I have Heavy Bolter/ Typhoon Speeders to go with it in a RWSS.

What would people recommend goes well with a Vengeance? I was planning on putting the Heavy Bolter on the front (as range matches the plasma storm) but then thought if I put the classic Heavy Bolter/ assault cannon speeders with it in a RWSS an assault cannon might be better.

I am thinking either double Heavy Bolter or Heavy Bolter/ Assault Cannon.

Thanks guys

DM

It doesn't really matter what you put with it as you will most likely shoot with the Vengeance first and if the enemy is not in cover the rest of the RWSS will just be mop up.

I used mine in a Tourney with Typhoons and it worked very well, especially when intercepting.

I recommend taking the LSV w/ typhoons and the Dark Shroud with assault cannons.

The reason for this is you want to make use of the range and strength of the LSV with weapons with similar range and strength.

As for the Dark Shroud, it isn't wrong keeping in the backfield protecting your typhoons. But it could be in the midfield protecting your bikes in addition to your speeders.

And in that midfield roll the assault cannons helps keep your bikes from getting overrun.

As to the front gun on both the LSV and the Dark Shroud I usually keep both with the HB as I usually have a better plan for those points.

I run the LSV with three Land Speeders outfitted with MM and Assault Cannon to rage through transports and medium armor.  The Blast on the LSV helps intercept any Deep Striking units that are bunched together.

Utilizing the interceptor allows a sort of split fire for the LSV out of turn sequence as most opponents I play have SM of some flavor.  Then the Assault Cannon on the LSV pairs with the rest of the squadron during the regular shooting turn.

Archived