Lathe Worlds/Disciples of Thule iconography Ideas?

Deadbolt

So, I'm getting back into 40k proper after getting back into 40k at all by faffing about in the Fantasy Flight RPGs. Anyway, that said I'm building a small Skitarii force to serve as allies (possibly as small as two five man ranger squads with two TAs each + Icarus Onager but I'm still in the concept phase) Anyway, I haven't been able to find any good Iconography specific to the Lathe Worlds to use for the paint scheme, 

I've considered something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/pxJCYnM.jpg

But I'd like to hear some other opinions on the matter/links to a thread this has already been discussed in, cheers.

Welcome to the B&C Deadbolt! :D I'm afraid I know little about the Lathe Worlds (other than they have a cool name) but your symbol looks nice. If something isn't established on a faction/army then that's an opportunity to stretch your creative fingers out :) Could you tell us more about your army plans, like the particulars of your colour scheme for example?

Welcome to the B&C Deadbolt! biggrin.png I'm afraid I know little about the Lathe Worlds (other than they have a cool name) but your symbol looks nice. If something isn't established on a faction/army then that's an opportunity to stretch your creative fingers out smile.png Could you tell us more about your army plans, like the particulars of your colour scheme for example?

Basically the Lathe worlds are the headquarters of the Adeptus Mechanicus in the Calixis Sector, a covenant of three worlds, Het, Hesh and Hadd, represented in my idea by the three circles and overseen by the Lords Dragon who reside in an orbital station called the Panopticon, which I have represented with the one eyed skull device.

As for the army itself I'm thinking a slight variation on Mars colors, possibly with a darker red, but as i said, I'm mainly hung up on iconography. If canonical insignia are floating around out there I would definitely like to to at least take it into account before committing to my own concept.

I'd have to agree, that's a sweet FW icon! Will you be painting it on freehand or making your own waterslide transfers?

I don't have much experience making transfers so I'll probably freehand it with a little stencil assistance, maybe use a skull from the imperial guard transfer sheet for that element.

I have found absolutely nothing official in the way of Lathe World logos and I have been looking on and off. You're probably good to go with your design (which is pretty dope, btw).

There is quite a lot you can find on the internet regarding the Thule Society, as it is a historical occult organization that was active before and during WWII in Nazi Germany. Not sure if that is the direction you wanted to go.

SJ

There is quite a lot you can find on the internet regarding the Thule Society, as it is a historical occult organization that was active before and during WWII in Nazi Germany. Not sure if that is the direction you wanted to go.

SJ

Sorry I should have clarified, in the Calixis Sector, the setting of Dark Heresy, There is a faction of the Cult Mechanicus who follow the teachings of Explorator Arch Magos Paracelsus Thule, who advocates an energetic devotion to the Quest for Knowledge. though on further thought I'm not sure skitarii attached to them would have any particular insignia aside from their forge world's.

Archived