Sanguinary Guard in the Death Company?

Plokoone

I'm assembling a unit of Death Company and noticed I have some leftover Sanguinary Guard bits.

Is there any evidence of a Sanguinary Guard succumbing to the black rage and being inducted into the Death Company?

If so, what wargear would you use to outfit a DC marine with to resemble a SG?

A jump pack would be an appropriate start. Artificer armor would need to count as power armor and the death mask would be for show.  DC don't have access to angelus boltguns but he could be modelled with a wrist-mounted inferno pistol. A glaive encarmine would count as a power weapon or he would be equipped with a powerfist.

I'm sure this has been asked before but search results just bring up comparisons between the units.

I pity whoever gets the job of removing the armor.

I think chaplains choose the DC candidates before they have gone totally mad. I think one of the codices speaks of the eve of battle. Otherwise, yes the idea of changing their armour, or even painting it black is ridiculous.

Yes

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk141/Mechxen/Blood%20Angels/Death%20Company/DSCF0897_zps06f6ac74.jpg

Artificer armour doesn't take the black, but the mask binds to its wearer.

Does it actually bind to the wearer? I was under the impression it was "loyal" but still removable. Where did you read it binds to him?

They actually have to remove it for eating and such.

I pity whoever gets the job of removing the armor.

I think chaplains choose the DC candidates before they have gone totally mad. I think one of the codices speaks of the eve of battle. Otherwise, yes the idea of changing their armour, or even painting it black is ridiculous.

One of the novels has the Chaplain actually burning the armour black. I think it was the story about the Flesh Tearers' finding their homeworld (Cretacia?)

Most people who fall to the Death Company fall before the battle (it's like that in every codex since at least the third edition index Astartes article). The chaplains go from brother to brother while praying, when they see one that have certain symptoms, they say a litany that causes them to collapse. It is then that they are taken to the Death Company and their armor is Black.

In the cases where they all fall, their armor can't be changed because no one is left to do it, but it would still happen pre-battle or as the result of some bad shinanigans.

Yeshttp://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk141/Mechxen/Blood%20Angels/Death%20Company/DSCF0897_zps06f6ac74.jpg

Does it actually bind to the wearer? I was under the impression it was "loyal" but still removable. Where did you read it binds to him?

Well. Binds on the way that items bind to a character in certain RPG's. He can take it off. But no one else can use it until the owner dies.

"The machine spirit of each mask bonds closely with its wearer, its loyalty to him absolute."

- Codex: Blood Angels

I guess I'm unable to let this gosmile.png

I found this awesome counts as Death Company Tycho at http://davetaylorminiatures.blogspot.com/2012/11/lamenters-update-death-company.html

It's not proof that SG keep their armor when they take the black (as far as I know there are no examples of SG falling) but Tycho the Fallen Star is equipped with artificer armor in the codex so maybe a case could be made to keep it.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1ZXcUV0OHso/ULEb-QMiLHI/AAAAAAAAEDY/xSlo1h41LAs/s1600/LamentersDCTycho02.jpg

I think you should go for it! They'll look awesome and they can just count as power armour in games. The Sanguinary Priest model is sculpted in artificer armour even though he's a 3+, and the BA tactical squad and upgrade kits both have 'artificer-effect' chest plates.

Yeshttp://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk141/Mechxen/Blood%20Angels/Death%20Company/DSCF0897_zps06f6ac74.jpg

Well. Binds on the way that items bind to a character in certain RPG's. He can take it off. But no one else can use it until the owner dies.

"The machine spirit of each mask bonds closely with its wearer, its loyalty to him absolute."

- Codex: Blood Angels

Oh. I thought you meant like it couldn't be removed, lol

Archived