astartes preator tribune and his role in dark angels

aura_enchanted

so the preator tribune has 40k rules and they are pretty sweet for us. sao ill give you a breakdown

he is a dark angel, and he has out army wide special rules that are relevant to a company master, he also replaces one in any formations relevant to him.

here is the rules sheet:

http://natfka.blogspot.ca/2016/06/limited-fw-legion-praetor-tribune-rules.html

however unlike a company master he comes with tartaros terminator armour, he has the baseline of a CHAPTER MASTER and he can buy relics from codex: space marines not codex: dark angels. this means he is the 2nd dark angel to get eternal warrior (the other being sammael and he gets it via the shield eternal relic stormshield). this makes him objectively better then the company master in any way.

i think he could be really really strong but whats people verdict on him? is he worth using?

I'm confused.

The material at the link provided indicates this character is not Legion-specific (never mind specific to the Dark Angels). Praetor Tribunes are not shown as being equivalent to Company Masters, either; in the first image, they are described specifically as being "Commanders of entire chapters." The fourth image doesn't describe the "Chapter Praetor" as affiliated with the Dark Angels, nor does it compare him to a Captain or a Master. Rather, he seems like a "Champion"-style HQ choice... but without the Eternal Warrior Special Rule.

Am I missing something?

EDIT: disregard. The information I was missing wasn't in the natfka blog, but at this post.

There are no official 40K rules for this figure, at least none that have been made public by GW yet (and that doesn't mean that I think there might be, but anything is possible). What actually comes with the figure are only 30K rules. The 40K rules that have been shown are store made things.

I asked the GW store manager here and he told me two very specific things from the last meeting they had prior to this release: this is absolutely NOT a prelude to FW being sold in stores in the US, it's a one off only, and that there were no 40K rules for this model, the only rules that GW was releasing for the figure are those included inside the blister, and they are for 30K. Considering that this isn't any kind of rumor, I'm going to go ahead and trust the guy on this one, since he laughed when I asked him very specifically about a $125 spending amount getting me a dataslate for the figure and said "Yeah, that wouldn't be a good thing for me to do." Since there has been nothing released on FW or GW main websites about it, I wouldn't trust anything seen on Facebook from a couple of stores in the UK to be official worldwide in any way.

I did get one, going to swap the head and use him as an archaically armored DW member (maybe the DW Knight Champion?), change the blade out for someone else's sword blade and make him a hammer/flail Terminator.

There are no official 40K rules for this figure, at least none that have been made public by GW yet (and that doesn't mean that I think there might be, but anything is possible). What actually comes with the figure are only 30K rules. The 40K rules that have been shown are store made things.

I asked the GW store manager here and he told me two very specific things from the last meeting they had prior to this release: this is absolutely NOT a prelude to FW being sold in stores in the US, it's a one off only, and that there were no 40K rules for this model, the only rules that GW was releasing for the figure are those included inside the blister, and they are for 30K. Considering that this isn't any kind of rumor, I'm going to go ahead and trust the guy on this one, since he laughed when I asked him very specifically about a $125 spending amount getting me a dataslate for the figure and said "Yeah, that wouldn't be a good thing for me to do." Since there has been nothing released on FW or GW main websites about it, I wouldn't trust anything seen on Facebook from a couple of stores in the UK to be official worldwide in any way.

I did get one, going to swap the head and use him as an archaically armored DW member (maybe the DW Knight Champion?), change the blade out for someone else's sword blade and make him a hammer/flail Terminator.

its not just UK, my local store sells them too im in canada, i think that if your going to deny someone from using a datasheet he paid 125 dollars in a store over i think your out of your mind.

As I already said (and it's actually quoted at exactly that natfka article), and as Bryan also said. There are no official 40k rules. Sorry.

its not just UK, my local store sells them too im in canada, i think that if your going to deny someone from using a datasheet he paid 125 dollars in a store over i think your out of your mind.

If your store is selling those datasheets for $125, you better ring up GW. There is a scam afoot.

If your store is selling those datasheets for $125, you better ring up GW. There is a scam afoot.

they give one away with every 125 dollar purchase so in a sense your buying GW products to get something your store owner made as a freebie. They can't do anything about that

they give one away with every 125 dollar purchase so in a sense your buying GW products to get something your store owner made as a freebie. They can't do anything about that

Actually they can. The image along with some of the words are all copyright GW, not copyright store manager, so the company can say no. It's also passing off fan material as official GW product, which is generally considered brand dilution. In other words, if people think its official GW material and it's below GW's quality level, it makes GW look bad. And they listed brand dilution in the CHS case, so I'd say they're a bit sensitive to it.

Yes, there is plenty they can do, including firing the store manager. It's GW, they can handle it however they want.

So do they sell the rules, or do they give them away?

If they are actually selling them, then report it to your trade commission in Canada, because they are selling you a false product. That would be like an Apple Store selling a hand stitched leather phone case that is stated to be produced by Apple, except that Apple doesn't officially sell that product. It would be a lie and a violation of IP law, even if it is sold in one of their official stores. At best they could sell it as "made for" without stating that it is an official product. Simply selling something in a brand store doesn't automatically make it an official product, and if they market it to you as an official product and it isn't, that's an IP law violation.

Now, if they are giving the rules away for a certain purchase price, regardless of what they tell you, then if you specifically buy that much product to get it and it isn't official, more fool the you. Depending on your laws, it's likely they are in violation of some kind of bait and switch or misleading advertising law, but there is still an amount of buyer beware and your own validation required. However, the GW manager may have opened GW up to a lawsuit if the laws in the area allow it (especially under misleading advertising or bait and switch), so it would be wise of GW to at least discipline, and very likely fire, said manager.

Similarly, if it is a non-GW store and they are selling this model, GW needs to review that store's distribution contract anyway, and likely cancel it to protect themselves, because that model was officially only to be able to be distributed in GW stores as an exclusive product. If they are then also selling the rules or using them as a sales incentive, either of the two above also apply to the situation, and this FLGS is likely open to a lawsuit and could potentially have opened GW to a suit as well, although that is likely an easy defense for GW because they can simply say they never officially released 40K rules for the figure and don't have any involvement in the sales practices of this particular FLGS.

Regarding being out of my mind for denying someone the use of rules, personally, I'm actually pretty flexible and even like playing homegrown rules stuff. That doesn't make those rules official. If someone only wants to play with official rules, then they would be perfectly justified in denying someone the use of store-made rules, regardless of what store those came from. You would be in the wrong trying to push someone to let you use rules that no one can procure via official GW distribution channels worldwide.

Again, any current 40K rules for this Praetor model are not official and the only official rules released with this figure currently are for 30K.

So do they sell the rules, or do they give them away?

If they are actually selling them, then report it to your trade commission in Canada, because they are selling you a false product. That would be like an Apple Store selling a hand stitched leather phone case that is stated to be produced by Apple, except that Apple doesn't officially sell that product. It would be a lie and a violation of IP law, even if it is sold in one of their official stores. At best they could sell it as "made for" without stating that it is an official product. Simply selling something in a brand store doesn't automatically make it an official product, and if they market it to you as an official product and it isn't, that's an IP law violation.

Now, if they are giving the rules away for a certain purchase price, regardless of what they tell you, then if you specifically buy that much product to get it and it isn't official, more fool the you. Depending on your laws, it's likely they are in violation of some kind of bait and switch or misleading advertising law, but there is still an amount of buyer beware and your own validation required.

Now, regarding being out of my mind for denying someone the use of rules, personally, I'm actually pretty flexible and even like playing homegrown rules stuff. That doesn't make those rules official. If someone only wants to play with official rules, then they would be perfectly justified in denying someone the use of store-made rules, regardless of what store those came from. You would be in the wrong trying to push someone to let you use rules that no one can procure via official GW distribution channels worldwide.

Again, any current 40K rules for this Praetor model are not official and the only official rules released with this figure currently are for 30K.

yes.gif thumbsup.gif

Archived