What knighthouse to pick for my metal martian men?

misterkho

HA! I just managed to pick up a knight archeron for a very neat price!

I wasn't planning for a knight so i have no idea what houses are assigned to mars so i'm hoping you guys could help me out?

I know there's house taranis but i was hoping there'd be a house without red assigned to mars? 

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately as far as I'm aware there's only the one house on Mars, but even if that wasn't the case I'd expect them to be wearing AdMech colours as they wouldn't be able to last on Mars without being forced into fealty in some way.

There's always the option of a Freeblade of course, where you can have your cake and eat it :P

I promised myself that when i was finished painting all my skitarii , cult mechanicus and ordinatus i'd not paint anything red for at least a year or so...

Free blade might be an option..if the crazy martians wouldn't want to paint that red as well haha.

Isn't there a house which uses a bone sort of color? something like rakarth flesh or karakstone?

I'd say Rakarth Flesh is more of an off white, Karak a bit more creamy so you might be better going for a proper bone colour if that's what you're after? I'm not sure what house you're referring to unfortunately can you remember where you saw it?

Hi!

I was bored so I googled that for you: the FW Atrapos is painted in the colors of House Malinax. Unfortunately my browser here won't let me copy / paste, but yeah, there are articles about that house on the wikis.

Interestingly enough the "Mechanicum Taghmata Support Cadre" I'm eyeing is painted in similar colors (not the same though) and bear the same crest. Would a knight house have Mechanicum forces at hand instead of the other way round? I've never heard of that.

Very nice color scheme btw, I completely agree!

Edited by Blackcadian

Yeah i'm going to use that color scheme with some alterations, i'll add some black panels with white and red markings. the banners will mostly contain the flayed man icon. (the flayed man icon would be an awesome objective marker as well..hhmm)

Glad to be of service!

Don't forget to post a pic once you have a finished or half finished model! I can see the Flayed Man work pretty well with that color scheme - but they'd almost have to be traitors either way :D

And excellent idea with the objective markers.

Would a knight house have Mechanicum forces at hand instead of the other way around?

The book Mechanicum makes it seem like every house has at least some Skitarii to follow along with the knight and take care of targets unsuitable for it.

• 2 weeks later...

update: well after using brake fluids most of the original paint has come off (still need to do the bottom legs). Sadly some damages came up so i've been busy with green stuff last night.

Tonight will be removing the last paints and sanding/dusting the green stuff. 

Oh ps: how do i upload pics here?