Vengeful Spirit, Horus Heresy series, BA depiction :(

Helias_Tancred

They carved a path through the heart of the army. Far beyond what anyone would have expected of them. The captain went blade master and completely owned half a platoon by himself. Then when they face the ultimate test and their very gene code is perverted and used against them they don't give in and remain pure. Horus is again amazed and enraged that he cannot get ANY Blood Angel to fall.

(I agree that the writing could have been better)

Also I can't wait to see what they do with the Red Angel.

R

Yes that is a good example of pulling the positive from it, and I agree with your assessment but ... when the novel got to that point it seemed very rushed and hurried. Didn't appreciate that.

and how has the sanguinor survived so long if he is just an astartes bascially posing as sanguinius? and how does he just appear from nowhere?

Arkangilos: what does this mean

"Azkaelon would have ascended with the power of Sanguinius in order to put off an aura" What do you mean he ascended? i literally have no idea what happens to him, so not like disagreeing, just really curious

Now that i read Rafen's interpretation, it sounds like the Blood angels did some work despite being completely outnumbered. Don't get what the fuss is about now. When someone said commit suicide i was picturing something completely different, not them charging right into horus's army and still messing stuff up!

I mean that whenever Sanguinius died he embodied whoever would become the Sanguinor, so if it is Azkaelon, he would have ascended to become the Sanguinor.

And to the guard, I'm not saying he is just a regular guard anymore. But we do know from that story that he became what was at the time known as the "Sanguinor" and he was supposed to fool *other people* to believe he was Sanguinius. He wasn't just the herald, he was the body double. That was his whole purpose. Either way, whoever it was gets empowered somehow.

That's a really cool idea. The Red Angel is a character that I'm insanely curious about still and I could see Meros or maybe even Sanguinius' good side purifying him into the Sanguinor. Aaaah awesome. Love that he made an appearance in Shield of Baal, floating off the floor. The guy is badass, wish his rules reflected that.

R

Yeah up there with wishing I knew who shot Kennedy, and who D.B. Sweeney was, is my desire to know who/what is the Sanguinor?

Given the relationship Azkaellon had with Sanguinius, his supreme dedication to that duty, I really like the idea that after making sure the Blood Angels were on the right course and the second foundings were done and on their way, Azkaellon ascended to the role of the Sanguinor ... so that he could always be there looking out for the chapter especially in their darkest times.

Check the audio book "Herald of Sanguinius".

You get his name.

But we don't know if that is the current Sanguinor, or if "Sanguinor" is just a title like Cypher is for the Dark Angels.

Sanguinor could be a word to represent the "Representative of Sanguinius"

True - we get the originals name, but it still asks questions we dont know yet.

One thing...we see from "The Serpent Beneath" that...

Drinking the blood of a primarch/Alpharius/Omegoncan temporarily grant primarch like abilities

This ritual seems so very Blood Angel-y, and I'm wondering if it holds true for others.

Archived