Flesh Tearers

Baalberith

Hi guys

I´m building a Flesh Tearers army, I bough around 60 Flesh Tearer shoulder pads but I wonder what type of shoulder pad should I use for the right side? Can I use the ones with the blood drop and wings or should I use only the "normal" ones...some legs already have wings and tears...can I add more stuff or not really?

I want to army to look nice and with the right markings, I know they use roman numbers to distinguish squads but what else? Any suggestions or advices?

Also, would there be a problem if I would use chain axes on the Assault Squads instead of chainswords? 

Thx

Hello, young blood. =)

First ====> ALL FLESH TEARERS OFFICIAL PAINT SCHEME AND MARKING ARE TO BE FOUND WITHIN THE ====> BLOOD ANGELS PAINTING GUIDE (You can easily found the torrent of the Guide on internet, or, if you prefer a good hardback, buying it on GW site.)

SECOND ====> Given the novel and the "We were angels no more" quote, i personally assume that Flesh Tearers do no favor the Blood Angels Shoulder pad symbol. So, i recommend to massively use, either "normal blank" shoulder pad, or the Death Company shoulder pads. (Death Company kit provide a lot of very well themed shoulder pad for Flesh Tearers.)

THIRD ====> Flesh Tearers favor the use of Chainweapons and are also describe in the novels as possessing chainaxes in their classic weaponry range.

FOURTH ====> You can use the Eviscerator in the Assault Squad kit to represent Gabriel Seth or any other Flesh Tearers character. (Harahel, the Flesh Tearers Company/Chapter champion is descibed as using an Eviscerator.)

FIFTH ====> In the Flesh Tearers novels it is hinted that Flesh Tearers do not possess a Sanguinary Guard. Instead they do possess Company Squad / Honor Guard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can also find two inspirational work that i produced on this Topic ==> http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/319607-frater-antodeniel-knights-of-blood-photo-update-220616/

(The first exemple isn't the best, while the second stricly follow the paint scheme and is far better.)

Archived