Utilizing the Blood Angels Upgrade Sprue

Dont-Be-Haten

Hey Guys,

Thread Topic says it all.

Just picked up the upgrade sprue for the BA, been looking at all the great bits and was really posting this to get some feedback on how you all used the pieces. That chalice is definitely looking like a great bit for either an add on to a captain, or kit bashed priest. I really love the helmets as well as the head with the circlet. Would anyone be willing to post some pictures for yours truly so I could maybe get some inspiration for my own models?

I'm using the shoulders on vanguard and sternguard since i think they look a little too fancy for regular guys. The muscly chest i was gonna either use for a kit-bashed Seth or Astorath, probably Astorath. Other chest just for an artificer armor captain or even a regular SG guy to replace the one i used for a captain. 

I really like the circlet helmet too, but am not convinced it will capture the more aggressive/brutal look i want for my higher ups in the army. It's a great head, just more on the honorable and noble side for me if that makes sense, which isn't bad, just have something different in mind for my planned HQs. Edit: I think that head would be perfect for a BA Captain, just not my successor.

One idea i had was to somehow turn the chalice into the top of a thunder hammer and maybe even greenstuff a spike on the front in the shape of a blood drop. It would ideally look like a blood drop was falling into the chalice, but the blood drop is really a spike (blood spike might be a little much). I think the hand could be painted in a way to look like its ornamental and not an actual hand. Like painting it bronze or gold or something. Also, could just shave/cut off the hand, but that would be messy, for me at least. 

I don't know if i could pull this off yet, but would be and awesome looking hammer for a Captain if done right. 

I can't get the link easily right now (cellphone) but the last post on my blog is of a kitbash corbulo using the head and torso from the upgrade kit.

The pads got used on my tactical squad and the iron halo on my captain

Hey Guys,

Thread Topic says it all.

Just picked up the upgrade sprue for the BA, been looking at all the great bits and was really posting this to get some feedback on how you all used the pieces. That chalice is definitely looking like a great bit for either an add on to a captain, or kit bashed priest. I really love the helmets as well as the head with the circlet. Would anyone be willing to post some pictures for yours truly so I could maybe get some inspiration for my own models?

I have used two of them so far. The BA icon shoulders went on my plasma cannon dev squad and my command squad. The breastplates went on my command squad and my captain. The chalice went on my Sanguinary Novitiate in the command squad. The two iron halos went on my captain and on Captain Karlaen when his very fragile halo broke for the third time! The wreath helm I'm not a big fan of, and the Sanguinary Guard mask went on ... sanguinary guard. 

The biggest thing I like about this are the chapter icon shoulders, hands down. 

Used one of the helms with the crest on my captain too!

I like that Corbulo. I'm in the process of searching the web for anyone who might have built a chaplain as the picture but I haven't found anything remotely close.

I'd also like to work with some TDA for a priest, even though we can't legally field one right now.

I do fancy a captain with the circlet head, and I wouldn't mind using the shoulder pads for sergeants etc.

I like the idea of BA armor being handed down to successor chapters as signs of loyalty and respect. So I don't have a problem splashing in more BA specific designs on successor chapter armies.

I like the idea of BA armor being handed down to successor chapters as signs of loyalty and respect. So I don't have a problem splashing in more BA specific designs on successor chapter armies.

That is my Philosophy. Am I a Blood Angel? Not in name, but in blood - so I honor the Primarch with his symbol.

Archived