Sanguinary Priest on a Bike?

Calistarius

I decided to convert an old CSM Bike I had into something useful.  Seeing as I only had one I debated as to what I could even do with it.  Then I started looking at some bits I have here and there, and the BA upgrade sprue as well.  I've decided to try to throw together a Sang priest on a bike.

Has anyone ever used a priest on a bike, and if so, how effectively? I'm also trying to decide if I should bother trying to model the Narthecium or not?

What are your thoughts?

I have one and love it with grav bikes. I used the ba upgrade sprue to grab the chalice to turn him into a drunk driver (plan to proxy him into my ork army where he became a warboss in his drunken stuper) try to give him a power weapon for combat since bikes will see cc combat

I run a priest on a bike all the time. I give him a power fist and run him with the Sanguinor in a two-man mini-star. The priest on the bike makes the unit T5 against shooting and grants FNP, both greatly improving the Sanguinor's survivability. You can also LOS AP2 wounds off of the Sanguinor on to the jinking bike. The Sanguinor's aura gives the priest +1A with the fist. The +1WS makes the Sanguinor WS9, which means WS4 opponents are hitting him on a 5+ in CC, again, greatly increasing his survivability. 

It's a nasty little unit, and one of my favorite BA HQ combos.  I've run it quite effectively in a large number of my games. There are some previous posts on the subject if you want more details. 

That's awesome info. I did a quick search for some threads pertaining to this and came up empty. Im a bit limited on the bits I have as far as his weapon is concerned. I might be able to scrounge up a power sword and pose it as being "sheathed." I may not even try to model the Narthecium. Hopefully opponents don't mind.

I'm trying to keep his right hand on the throttle and his left raising the blood chalice, so I don't think a powerfist would work here.

I'm glad to see it is a viable option though. I thought it could be fun.

That's awesome info. I did a quick search for some threads pertaining to this and came up empty. Im a bit limited on the bits I have as far as his weapon is concerned. I might be able to scrounge up a power sword and pose it as being "sheathed." I may not even try to model the Narthecium. Hopefully opponents don't mind.

I'm trying to keep his right hand on the throttle and his left raising the blood chalice, so I don't think a powerfist would work here.

I'm glad to see it is a viable option though. I thought it could be fun.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/307070-the-sanguinor-revisited/

I run mine with a chalice but no narthecium, people dont mind. I usually prefer doing the fist/claw combo, with limited space i magnetized them to backpack. It's not too pretty, but people appriciate when it's easy to see what they are dealing with. 

http://remtek.be/40k/Priest_Bike.JPG

I run a priest on a bike all the time. I give him a power fist and run him with the Sanguinor in a two-man mini-star. The priest on the bike makes the unit T5 against shooting and grants FNP, both greatly improving the Sanguinor's survivability. You can also LOS AP2 wounds off of the Sanguinor on to the jinking bike. The Sanguinor's aura gives the priest +1A with the fist. The +1WS makes the Sanguinor WS9, which means WS4 opponents are hitting him on a 5+ in CC, again, greatly increasing his survivability. 

It's a nasty little unit, and one of my favorite BA HQ combos.  I've run it quite effectively in a large number of my games. There are some previous posts on the subject if you want more details. 

Think I'm going to try that now I finally have the models :O

I have one modeled out of a scout bike and some command squad bit´s.

He´s holding an narcethicum and there is mostly only as fnp and veritas vitae bringer on board.

One method ist also to lett the back of the bike clear and drilling an magnet into it to place the special weapons there if needed.

Archived