2.5k SoH - Assault on Molech

Jackalwolf

Hi all,

Just wanted to gather some feedback of the community in another list, this time for my Sons of Horus. Again, I´ll present two lists and would appreciate feedback on which is best:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sons of Horus - Speartip A (2500pts)

HQ (240pts)

Damocles Command Rhino (100pts)

Maloghurst the Twisted (140pts)
Master of the Legion [The Long March]

Troops (460pts)

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (255pts) [Furious Charge, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines]
Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Weapon]

Reaver Attack Squad (205pts) [Artificer Armour, 5x Chainaxe, 5x Combi-weapon with Banestrike Shells, Melta Bombs, 4x Reavers]

Elites (760pts)

Justaerin Terminator Squad (545pts) [2x Chainfist, 10x Combi-Weapon, 10x Justaerin Terminators]

Legion Terminator Squad (215pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Chainfist, 4x Legion Terminators, 3x Power Fist]
Legion Terminator Sergeant [Pair of Lightning Claws]

Fast Attack (245pts)

Legion Storm Eagle Assault Gunship (245pts) [Four Hellfire Missiles, Twin-linked Multi-melta]

Heavy Support (795pts)

Legion Fire Raptor Gunship (210pts) [Reaper Autocannon battery]

Legion Kharybdis Assault Claw (260pts)

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (325pts)
Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Armoured Ceramite, Cyclonic Melta Lance, Phosphex Discharger]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sons of Horus - Speartip B (2495pts)

HQ (455pts)

Damocles Command Rhino (100pts)

Ezekyle Abaddon (215pts) [Power Sword]

Maloghurst the Twisted (140pts)
Master of the Legion [The Long March]

Troops (470pts)

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (265pts) [Furious Charge, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Nuncio-Vox]
Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Weapon]

Reaver Attack Squad (205pts) [Artificer Armour, 5x Chainaxe, 5x Combi-weapon with Banestrike Shells, Melta Bombs, 4x Reavers]

Elites (703pts)

Justaerin Terminator Squad (488pts) [Chainfist, 9x Combi-Weapon, 9x Justaerin Terminators]

Legion Terminator Squad (215pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Chainfist, 4x Legion Terminators, 3x Power Fist]
Legion Terminator Sergeant [Pair of Lightning Claws]

Fast Attack (246pts)

Legion Storm Eagle Assault Gunship (246pts) [Four Hellfire Missiles, Searchlight, Twin-linked Multi-melta]

Heavy Support (621pts)

Legion Fire Raptor Gunship (231pts) [Four Hellstrike Missiles, Reaper Autocannon battery, Searchlight]

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (390pts)
Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Armoured Ceramite, Cyclonic Melta Lance, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod, Phosphex Discharger]

Army theory:

Speartip A: Turn one sees the kharybdis with 10 justaerin falling behind enemy lines, with the tacticals in the rhino and the reavers in the damocles advancing with the Leviathan, ensuring that the damocles survives as a priority in my backfield. Turn 2 the Fire Raptor and the Storm Eagle will arrive 98% of the time (with the damocles I bring reserves on a 2+ and can reroll 1 due to Sons of Horus legion trait), the kharybdis charging some unit and the justaerin wrecking it, the Leviathan hopefully getting in distance of a melta lance, and the air support blasting away enemy units.

Speartip B: This list is weaker in turn one since only the rhinos and the leviathan in a drop pod start in the table, so the key will be to weather the storm during this first turn, since in turn two, Abaddon with 9 justaerin teleport in and the fire raptor and storm eagle come in bashing the enemies.

Thoughts?

Couple of thoughts...

I have just started using the kharybdis at 2500 points and have not found it to survive past the first turn yet. With this in mind, having your strongest unit in it might not be the best idea. But it is cool as :cuss

The second thing is if you don't get first turn, you don't have a lot on the board making it easy for an oponent to concentrate fire, I found this out in my last game where most of my army was podding in (kharybdis, dread pod and anvilus. Spartan and rhino on the board)

It's a great bit of kit, but needs practice to use it feel. Having only used it maybe 4/5 games, I've not found the optimum way to use it yet

But it's great fun trying and scares people to death!

Yeh in my ideal world I´d have nothing in the table in turn one, making moot the point of not going first, but that damocles command buff making reserves pretty much turn 2 guarantee for SoH is too good to pass on.

Archived