BA Tactics article up on GW Webstore blog.

SM1981

Yeah, and pairing a sangunary priest with a librarian, and then with an assault squad, to homebrew a death company comparable squad seems like an expensive, and unnecessary work around. Plus it eats 2 hq slots.

Still I agree with the bikes and drop pods part.

So lets recap, actually for GW headquarter, a typical Blood Angels army is composed of :

- 1 Librarian (Not the TDA, since they say that he don't have invulnerable....strange since our BA Librarian is in TDA, 0 Knowledge of their own range...)

- 1 Sanguinary Priest with Jump Pack (Like the Librarian, it speak of a Sanguinary Priest model that doesn't exist....0 Marketing knowledge...)

- Tactical Squad in Drop Pod (It make sense. for this one point.)

- DC Dreadnought in Drop Pod (The lone mad dreadnought that randomly come alone from the mist...ha...and of course no Chaplain to control it....)

- Command Squad in Drop Pod and equiped with Meltagun (Do they know that Codex Blood Angels is the only codex to allow Command Squad to equip Jump Pack ?...)

- Sternguard (Yeah, Recently, the Blood Angels renamed themselves into "Blood Fist"....no really, the presence of Sternguard instead of Vanguard make no sense...)

- Bike Squad (Yeah, once again, the Fluff is left behind, and now Blood Angels are named "Bloody White Fist"....)

- Ha, and finally....the Assault Squad, the last of the units to be presented....

AND SPECIAL MENTION FOR :

- The Death Company with 10 Power MACES !!!! (If someone know where to find those 10 "Maces" say it, because, only the Dark Angels Ravenwing got something that look like "power maces".......)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, from a professional point of view, this article is shocking.

0 Marketing Presentation + 0 Knowledge of the Range = 0 Range Attractivity.

And you don't need a Marketing Degree to approve my point of view.

Yeah, and pairing a sangunary priest with a librarian, and then with an assault squad, to homebrew a death company comparable squad seems like an expensive, and unnecessary work around. Plus it eats 2 hq slots.

Still I agree with the bikes and drop pods part.

Well, it's just part of the list - the rest is fast moving bikes and drop pods.

It turns a really average combat unit into something better - add another death company unit to split the opponents target priority, and then see their surprise when that unit of assault marines attacks with 3 power weapons. Imagine getting unleash rage+quickening off on a powerfist serge.

As to the ninja post above...

:facepalm:

So lets recap, actually for GW headquarter, a typical Blood Angels army is composed of :

- 1 Librarian (Not the TDA, since they say that he don't have invulnerable....strange since our BA Librarian is in TDA, 0 Knowledge of their own range...)

- 1 Sanguinary Priest with Jump Pack (Like the Librarian, it speak of a Sanguinary Priest model that doesn't exist....0 Marketing knowledge...)

- DC Dreadnought in Drop Pod (The lone mad dreadnought that randomly come alone from the mist...ha...and of course no Chaplain to control it....)

- Command Squad in Drop Pod and equiped with Meltagun (Do they know that Codex Blood Angels is the only codex to allow Command Squad to equip Jump Pack ?...)

- Sternguard (Yeah, Recently, the Blood Angels renamed themselves into "Blood Fist"....no really, the presence of Sternguard instead of Vanguard make no sense...)

- Bike Squad (Yeah, once again, the Fluff is left behind, and now Blood Angels are named "Bloody White Fist"....)

- Ha, and finally....the Assault Squad, the last of the units to be presented....

- The Death Company with 10 Power MACES !!!! (If someone know where to find those 10 "Maces" say it, because, only the Dark Angels Ravenwing got something that look like "power maces".......)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a bit of fun dude... Some filler article to drum up some sales for a slower faction. Don't get so analytical.

Plus if anything mentioning options that don't have models is a GOOD THING.

Means we could get a TDA Priest again....

It's a bit of fun dude... Some filler article to drum up some sales for a slower faction. Don't get so analytical.

Plus if anything mentioning options that don't have models is a GOOD THING.

Means we could get a TDA Priest again....

I'm analytical, because it is an article that is supposed to promote a Range.

You may saw it on the Fun side of the coin, yet, never forget that it is a business too on the other side of the coin...

Your main problem seems to be that they do not specifically sell the units that the guy lists. You do realise that a large part of this hobby is converting, right?

Sanguinary priest with jump pack?

Sanguinary priest + jump pack sprue.

9 bikes with 6x grav guns + 3x combi grav.

Thats at least 3 bike squads, and 3 sternguard squads needed to get the models and special weapons.

10 death co with 10 maces?

2x death co boxes, 2x ravenwing command boxes.

Every unit they suggest to build requires additional purchases, and yet you complain they are bad at marketing?

The amount of criticism you're dishing out to a fun article suggesting units that might be effective in a game is ludicrous.

GW acts like a business:

"​Why don't they think of the fans? The ones PAYING for them? We like to convert and have fun and competitive rules! Not this stuff to sell models!"

GW acts like a fun member of the community:

"Well that doesn't make any business sense. Why not do it like this? You are doing a poor job to [insert one part of the hobby demographic here]."

This is why we can't have nice things.

In the name of Sanguinius I bring swift S5 AP2 I6 death to the haters.

Yes I've got Captain Stats.

What of it?

Fight me.

====

Nah but really just an observation of the community as a whole.

GW acts like a business:

"​Why don't they think of the fans? The ones PAYING for them? We like to convert and have fun and competitive rules! Not this stuff to sell models!"

"Well that doesn't make any business sense. Why not do it like this? You are doing a poor job to [insert one part of the hobby demographic here]."

This community is hypercritical in the view of this hypocrite tongue.png

But really, sometimes I wonder if we should all just lay off GW a bit. They don't do everything "right" (but everyone has a different definition of that anyway), but they do make the most awesome tabletop game in existence (I dare you to challenge that on this forum happy.png), so maybe we can accept that what they do isn't easy.

That being said, I see pleanty of legitimate complaints, but complaining about a tactics article? This seems entirely too petty.

The list reminds me of something someone posted in the BA/DC thread a little while ago. Lots of fast moving threats.

I feel my army is a little too static, with tacticals and devs, I need more fasterer units.

Because Sanguinius Forbid we don't build outside of the box or use units (like Librarians) that aren't from our specific range...

Can you imagine the complaints that would come if they publish the stuff they used to? You know, when they built models out of deodorant containers?

By the way, power maces would be one of the EASIEST conversions to make. You can literally use just about anything.

The list reminds me of something someone posted in the BA/DC thread a little while ago. Lots of fast moving threats.

I feel my army is a little too static, with tacticals and devs, I need more fasterer units.

Lots of 'fasterer' units lol

If you've not filled your FA with drop pod melta squads I highly recommend the grav bikers, mine always have an assault bike in the unit to tank shots and get some 36' range to harass. Very cheap and effective.

GW acts like a business:

"​Why don't they think of the fans? The ones PAYING for them? We like to convert and have fun and competitive rules! Not this stuff to sell models!"

This community is hypercritical in the view of this hypocrite tongue.png

But really, sometimes I wonder if we should all just lay off GW a bit. They don't do everything "right" (but everyone has a different definition of that anyway), but they do make the most awesome tabletop game in existence (I dare you to challenge that on this forum happy.png), so maybe we can accept that what they do isn't easy.

That being said, I see pleanty of legitimate complaints, but complaining about a tactics article? This seems entirely too petty.

This. 1000 times this. GW can't win. Every updaye they give a faction will be criticised by the other factions as favoritism, every errata / faq will never be enough (I'm as guilty of this as anyone), and any attempt to think outside the box will be labelled a selling drive, or false hope building as those units models don't exist. They really can't win. Except when we pay them / they hike their prices. Then they win quite a lot.

When do we win?

It seems like every gaming community is like this. (Not even just games) Impossible to make everyone happy.

At least it seems like GW is trying to make us happy, or at least trying harder than they were before the new CEO....

It's a fun little article, but I do agree that including stern guard is a little lame. Nothing wrong with them, but not a very BA choice imo. I'd prefer if he'd mention VV or SG, but sadly stern guard are most likely a more competitive option. Kinda shows that the typical BA way of war or flavor needs to be minimized to include some shootier units to be competetitive.

Please don't call me ludicrous or crazy for pointing some stuff out, it's just an opinion! Lol

I was asking for it lol!

I am the sanest crazy person we got though, must count for something... And if you read my short story, which I personally wrote from my perspective, I can have more control and know what's going on more than that chump castigon and even corbulo sometimes....

Ps: no one tell astorath I'm here...

Kneejerk reactions:

-"....but what does this MEAN for a future Blood Angels release!??!!???!?!" I have a bad case of trying to divine the future for our Chapter out of every inkling of official GW mention ("they released a new shade of red paint? What does it MEAN for a future BA release?!?!??!") 

-this kinda confirms my fear that people at GW HQ just get a bunch of models and are like "let's act out that scene from that novel" on their lunch break and then consider the game "balanced."  No sense of how people actually play in pick-up/semi-competitive (let alone tournament-level) games where its Cold War level arms races. 

Other thoughts: 

-this guy at least has some inkling of the current "meta" of the game: "it's not AP2/3 but trust me, you won't miss it." 

-Death Company with 10x Power Maces? golly gee? ........FREE POWER WEAPONS IN NEW DECURION!?!??!?!?! (see first note at the top)

-Sternguard could be an amazing Blood Angels unit that lists are built around.....if they had Relentless (or some imitation version of it). It would kina make sense, given that the BA are a mostly-Codex-Compliant chapter. And a unit that can add some versatile dakka to counter-balance all the stabbiness would be amazing. 

-ok....it's just a fun blog post. Don't overreact. 

-overall, it's just a fun little article to slate the RED THIRST of our kind. It's another sign, to me, that a new Codex is 6-12months out. Any further out and they wouldn't bother, any sooner and they wouldn't bother. This--and the "giving" Dreads and Scouts "normalized" stats--is exactly the sort of thing they would do to keep people from selling their models or abandoning hope. Like when the manager at a restaurant sends you a free appetizer since your meal is going to take a bit longer to prepare. 

What I would give for Corbulo to use his All Seeing Eye to know if I'm right....

I was trying to re-write the whole article, to make it look more "sensefull"...but, i blocked on this :

Let's be fair, the life of an Assault Marine is hard. Luckily, Blood Angels can make the best of it with the following:

Librarians with Jump Packs (yes, really) and Sanguinary Priests with Jump Packs.

The basic idea is that you tool up a full 10 man squad, slam the above characters into it and run at the enemy down a flank. The Librarian either uses Divination or the Blood Angels Discipline to add survivability to the squad, which combos well with the Sanguinary Priest, who adds Feel No Pain so even less die. Then when you get there, Furious Charge, plus the various psychic powers that let you re-roll hits or give the squad Rage will really let you smash the enemy to a pulp.

No, really, who ever got the idea to run both a Librarian and a Sanguinary Priest with a 10 man Assault Squad ?

"smash the enemy" eek.gif I don't know what this so called "resident tactics guru and Blood Angel fan-boy" smoke, but it must be top quality.....

Knowing that the current Blood Angels Detachment is limited to 2 HQ....any sane people will have those said HQ surrounded with Elite units as possible....Personally, i fit the Sanguinary Priest in a Sanguinary Guard...or the Librarian with/without TDA in a Blood Angels Assault Terminator Squad....or, if fitting something big into a common Assault Squad, i choose Gabriel Seth.....

Some people may not be pleased, but in this Fun/Marketing article, everything is quite shocking....Personally, i wonder how much this guy is paid......to do this kind of "Article".

(I dare you to challenge that on this forum happy.png), so maybe we can accept that what they do isn't easy.

Have you been to the chaos sub section of this forum, since around 5th ed?

The article seems ok. Not much of a tactica, a lot of "I like to take X", but no how one actualy flanks something like eldar with 2 HQs+RAS giving up StW/FB . He is right on the pods, and the grav bikers. Although he of course cant mention the fact that normal marines can do the same thing better. The fact that he mentions the use of dreads is probably a studio thing, and I don't get the bikers> centurions argument. Centurions can be placed in pods, so range is never an issue and re-roll grav cannons are more devastating then grav guns on bikers.

So again the article is ok, and has to be expected parts[aside for the centurion thing, he is clearly wrong there and if he wants people to buy BAs he shouldn't mention stuff they don't have]. Now if this was just an entery article and in some time we get to see part II or even III, that could be even better. At worse it shows that GW thinks about BAs.

(I dare you to challenge that on this forum happy.png), so maybe we can accept that what they do isn't easy.

The article seems ok. Not much of a tactica, a lot of "I like to take X", but no how one actualy flanks something like eldar with 2 HQs+RAS giving up StW/FB . He is right on the pods, and the grav bikers. Although he of course cant mention the fact that normal marines can do the same thing better. The fact that he mentions the use of dreads is probably a studio thing, and I don't get the bikers> centurions argument. Centurions can be placed in pods, so range is never an issue and re-roll grav cannons are more devastating then grav guns on bikers.

So again the article is ok, and has to be expected parts[aside for the centurion thing, he is clearly wrong there and if he wants people to buy BAs he shouldn't mention stuff they don't have]. Now if this was just an entery article and in some time we get to see part II or even III, that could be even better. At worse it shows that GW thinks about BAs.

Thanks for providing an honest critique that isn't gw is da best or gw is terrible! As a new player I like this type of article, but like it even more when we can critique it without shaming each other!

We need to find this middle ground more...

DISCLAIMER: Non BA related post

Wait . . . well I guess. You don't have the faith us in the Orders Militant do to stifle your whining. tongue.png

Just kidding. We complain our fair share, but in general the response is "just have faith and our day will come!"

WE ARE THE KEEPERS OF THE FAITH! WE WILL SEE THE GLORY OF THE EMPEROR MADE MANIFEST IN PLASTIC!

Archived