Storm Giants- WIP

Siege40k

The beginning of my Storm Giant's Army. C&C appreciated.

I have a battle damage and wash step after this so it is still quite WIP.

IMG 3463

IMG 3462

IMG 3461

He will be leading a Command Squad with Apothecary, 4 Grav Guns and 4 Storm Shields in a Drop pod. I use Iron Hands Tactics.

Hey all! I have some updates.

My first two all grav cannon Dev squads are complete minus matte varnish. As is my Cataphractii Commander.

Up next is his command squad with Apothecary, 4 storm shields, 5 grav guns, a spare Vindicator I had around, a power armor captain (not pictured) and 3 drop pod's not yet prepped.

C&C is welcome. I'm about to move/buy a house so once that is finished I'll hopefully start getting better pics.

IMG 3478

IMG 3479

IMG 3480

IMG 3481

IMG 3482

IMG 3483

IMG 3484

IMG 3485

These look quite good. Great reds in particular across the board, and I love the Captain thumbsup.gif

I can't help but think they'd benefit from a highlight here and there, though. It's not so necessary on the bossman because most of the raised edges are other details, but the rank and file shmucks of a Marine army are largely flat spaces, and tend to need that extra little bit of shiny edging.

How are you getting the washes to slip so neatly into the nooks and crannies? Gloss varnish? Or do you just do a lot of cleaning up with the base coat after the fact?

These look quite good. Great reds in particular across the board, and I love the Captain thumbsup.gif

I can't help but think they'd benefit from a highlight here and there, though. It's not so necessary on the bossman because most of the raised edges are other details, but the rank and file shmucks of a Marine army are largely flat spaces, and tend to need that extra little bit of shiny edging.

How are you getting the washes to slip so neatly into the nooks and crannies? Gloss varnish? Or do you just do a lot of cleaning up with the base coat after the fact?

Thanks for the comments!

Red is my #1 favorite color to paint, I just 'get' it.

I really agree I need highlights. I actually do an edge highlight of white, but I may try to do it after my wash/shading process so it stands out more. It is VERY VERY Faint.

I'll get some WIP process pics of the shading but I do all my painting. I coat with Pledge future shine and let it dry. Then i hit it with MIG streaking grime through an airbrush and wait for 30 minutes.

I then take a soft cloth and buff all the MIG off. It shades the off white and metallics like a dream. I then do my gemstone/eye lense stuff and matte varnish!

Archived