When I play, I have to bring....

Vanguard06

What must you bring when you play a certain type of game, theme, or specific codex?

For example:

When I play a competitive friend I have to bring a Ravenwing Support Squadron and Ravenwing Command Squad

or

When I play a fluffy game I have to bring a Ravenwing Attack Squadron and Deathwing Strike force

or

When I play Chaos Space Marines I have to bring an Interrogator Chaplain

Posted · Hidden by Chaplain Lucifer, July 8, 2016 - not DA related
Hidden by Chaplain Lucifer, July 8, 2016 - not DA related

It isn't every time, but I do love to bring a juggerlord with a great big daemon axe to games.

7 Man fully upgraded plague marine squads are also a favorite of mine.

I never leave home without 2 10-man Tactical Squads in Rhinos. No MSU in my Chapter!

If I have no idea what I'm facing I'll go a demi-company. If I have some idea I'll swap out elements for Death- or Ravenwing.

If someone's commander has rustled my jimmies I send the Deathwing Knights.

If a vehicle bothers me my ravenwing hunt it down with mobile melta.

If their whole army just rubs me wrong out comes the plasma obliterator

For me the answer is always Ravenwing!

But if we are talking about the model(s) or unit(s) that makes it to every game... That would have to be a couple of Land Speeders with HB/AC and a couple of Attack Bikes with MM.

I just feel that those models bring the tool box I need to deal with anything I could face.

We are spoiled with choices, and we don't even have as many choices as vanilla SMs do. Choosing the "best" units for one's army is always situational of course, but I usually field an "all-comers" list anyways, unless something special is planned (an Apocalypse game for example). I have always liked three units in particular (I'm talking from 2e onward) , they being the Dreadnought (it's sure in its heyday now, eh? cool.png ), the Whirlwind, and the oft-maligned Assault Squad. I have found these units to be way too useful/annoying to my opponents to leave them out of my army lists all that often. The RW Land Speeder, with a typhoon launcher and multi-melta, is another unit I find hard to leave out. Perhaps I like too many units to be able to really answer this question properly? tongue.png

I rarely go to batlle with less than 60 marines... (Unless I play pure DW or RW of course)

Since I've made a list with 3 tactical 2 assault and one deva in v6 and got success with it, I've seen that lots of opponents don't really know how to deal with a green tide with a 3+ save :lol:

Oh and in whatever list I have 4-5 RWBK the official DA multitool :P

Have to say no matter what i play I always take at least 1 RWAS, i feel its one of the best options out there for DA for distraction tactics early game.

If they shooting at the jinking bikes they not shooting at your angels in green.

Ive seen enemy droppods drop in own deployment zone to take care of a flanking RWAS after a scout move...heh, totally bricked it when he say all that melta in his deployment on turn 1. Jinky jinky jinky, lmao!

In almost all of my games I've brought tacticals. Not just because they are troops, but because they are fluffy and because they pull their weight (in the games I've had so far at least)

The only games I've played without tacticals have either been pure DW or have at least had assault marines (which I almost always bring as well) to put some fluffy powerarmour on the board.

My upcoming game this saturday against my two mates looks like this:

Company master

Interrogator-Chaplain

Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought (my first game with this guy, very excited)

Deathwing terminator squad (7 guys)

2 scout squads with heavy bolters with hellfire rounds and snipers

Tactical squad (10 guys) with razorback

2 assault squads with jump packs

Archived