Interested player, best ally for Skitarii?

Rumors abound about a new combined codex with some bonus units, and also about Forge World releasing an Imperial Armour with some 30k AdMech stuff coming to 40k, so you might want to wait and see if those pan out, since they could introduce some tougher units and some of the transports.  

If you just can't wait, with this in mind, you might just want to pick something you'd be most interested in running solo down the road (so that after the rumored new stuff comes out and you don't need allied transports, you could still get some use out of them).  I like Blood Angels as an ally because they have usable transports and come with some quality close combat units, but they are lacking considerably with options right now.  Iron Hands would make a ton of sense with the fluff, and their chapter tactics probably suit us best since it makes everything tougher and as of the FAQ even if we just ally in some flyers or transports they get IWND.  

I know! We wouldn't even need much. A transport, a flyer, a psyker, and we would have at least one option for everything. Even if we don't get beefier cc units, I'd be okay with that for now. But it would be awesome if we did, or maybe if we got a Psyker who could buff his group's toughness or something to help Sicarians be a little more survivable.

A combined codex is what I'm pinning my hopes on too... fingers crossed! As for allies anything could yield results so it depends on what you want to try? The trick to getting the most from an allied force is to make sure they complement with the main army and don't compete in purpose/capabilities.

I was thinking Grey Knights, BA or SW. I was thinking GK to add melee support. I was thinking BA or SW because(while not competitive) I love dreads and could give some transports and I could use a pure shooting list with SW, using distraction dreadnoughts, or use BA to give melee support. I sit my Skitarii boys back and peg away while throwing my BA and Dreads at the enemy in typical BA fashion. I have to say, I prefer the shooting idea.

Archived