Daeminion's Angels of Redemption

Daeminion

Hi guys,
Just wanted to share the project I started up again about two months ago, w. my fellow Unforgiven enthusiasts on here. Any comments or ideas are appreciated smile.png It's a bit all over the place.. I will post more finished photos of my army when I have the time.. These are scattered images sent to friends over the last few months. I basically rebased my entire army, as I started off w. an Agrellan Earth thing - but it just seemed lazy.. now I sorta went overboard w. barb wire.. I was going to do the pledge/vow thing.. but I wasn't sure if I had the time smile.png

Also - Huge shout-out to Epher for his fantastic Sableclaw conversion, which I have blatantly ripped off. (See below)

Speeder, CM And Chappie

- Finished speeder, company master and jump chappie

Company Master WIP

- Future CM rip n' rend - just for giggles - he will get a huge banner - like my chappie.

Deathwing Lot

- The jolly lot of my Deathwing termies - (each has TH&SS sergeant, chainfist, CML and two Norms)

Libby

Home-made libby. I've made it a thing to have no bare heads in my army for a few reasons.. 1: I suck at painting eyes, 2: fighting in outer space w. no breathing apparatus seems like a dumb thing to do. 3: Fighting anywhere w/o a helmet - when you have a helmet available, also seems like a dumb thing to be doing..

Chappie1   initial build

Chappie2   Front

Chappie6   Top   banner concept

Chappie8   Done

- Interrogator Chaplain - Bolton (Get it? Cuz he likes torturing people!! and he his relic is a bolter!! I'll be in my corner...)
I cheated as hell for this one.. my free hand is quite bad, so I designed the banner in paint (I know, lol) printed it and simply glued it on the plastic banner.. It IS a bit fuzzy and I might re-print and re-glue a better version, however for the moment it looks alright. I asked a buddy of mine for ideas in regards to banner pimping - he mentioned chains, since y'know he's a chaplain and that classic bikey weapon, just seems to appeal to them. I went through a 40k book and saw a bolter w. chains and I thought: "I could really eat some bacon!!! Also.. a chained up bolter might be a cool relic-thingy." - Also added 2 servo-skulls just so his skull helmet doesn't feel all alone.

Credit Epher - Sableclaw build pre UC1

Credit Epher - Sableclaw Rider

Credit Epher - Sableclaw build pre UC2

Again - massive rip-off of Epher's Sableclaw.. A few obvious changes - instead of having the Assault cannons in the front - I smacked them under the wings. Sword went into the other hand as I liked the joysticky-hand from the speeder helmsman... and as with the libby, he got a helmet as well.. a Grey Knighty one..

That's a nice army you've got going on there! It takes a lot of guts to do a halved scheme. And it's always nice to see the successors getting some love

I'm liking your details, cool quartering on the stormbolter. What are you using for the bone? Its hard to tell on my phone, but it looks like it has a gray undertone

Very impressive stuff! Are you planning on building a complete force?

Thanks, mate. I actually already have biggrin.png About 2500 pts of it so far.. These are just pics of my newer stuff. The older mini's are a bit worse, thicker highlights, only drybrushed guns and so on. I'll get some pics of the entire thing, but still considering touching up the old mini's so they look a little better. Current to-do-list is a Drop Pod, Land Speeder, Terminator Company Master, a Rhino/Predator thingy (gotta love magnets) and Sableclaw.

That's a nice army you've got going on there! It takes a lot of guts to do a halved scheme. And it's always nice to see the successors getting some love

I'm liking your details, cool quartering on the stormbolter. What are you using for the bone? Its hard to tell on my phone, but it looks like it has a gray undertone

Thank you! Originally I had a white scheme for veteran firearms, and while it stood out I ended up liking their company marking better.. Tried it originally for the company master before he got a lightning claw/chain fist. I really liked halved schemes and when I started, the plan was to make an Angels Sanguine army after this one - It would look great as an allied force and red and black are easier colours for me to work with.. but I simply can't be stuffed painting another 2500+ points of Marines :D

The base colour is Rakarth Flesh, then washed with either Agrax or a dark brown wash.. Highlight consists of three stages - a bone white, pallid flesh and a regular white from Vallejo paints.

Main regrets with my army is the lack of Decals available - have been trying to find a proper alternative, but I'm still looking. Not happy with the banner of my regular PA Company Master - will definitely redo that at some point.

Thanks for the comments :)

The Lot

So here's a group photo of the boys in Green & Bone. 

1 Company Master
1 Interrogator Chaplain
3 Libby's - one on foot, one on bike and one in TDA
1 Chaplain w. jump pack. 

20 Tac Marines 
5 Devastators
5 Assault Marines
10 Terminators
1 (Ven) Dread
6 Bikes
1 Attack Bike
1 Land Speeder
2 Rhino/Razor/Whirly/Pred
1 Drop Pod

A fair amount of bits on the paint table at the moment (and in its drawers) - Sableclaw, Termie CM, Speeder, Rhino, Drop Pod.. and also 5 Black Knights (Who will need a new name), 2 more vanilla Dreads and some more Predator sponsons/turrets. After that I'd like to expand to get some more Speeders, A Vengeance and a Dark Shroud and a few more vets.. then finally - 10 more tacs, 5 more Assault marines and 5 Devvies.. wow.. that's a lot of future painting :o 

Archived