Expanding my knight army

Hi all.

I'm looking at expanding my knight force and I'm not sure what Knights to go for. The Renagade box looks very tempting for the price but I duno what to build them as. I already have a Paladin, an Errant and a Warden. I like the idea of the Gallant but I'm not sure how acctually effective they are and what to make the last one as. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Yea, I was thinking that with the second one, poosibly get some extra arm parts and have it swappable between a Crusader and a second Paladin. I just haven't seen anyone say anything good about the Gallant though. It looks fun to play with and I kinda feel that it would work well in tandem with an Errant while the rest provide fire support/take objectives. Give it a missile pod to break open light transports and I think it would work.

Just keen to get other knight players thoughts before I spend that much cash!haha.

Edited by Yoyo ninja

The main thing I've ever seen about the gallant is being able to slip in an extra knight if you can't afford one of the others. Then you just run him straight st the enemy and he has to choose between ignoring the soon to arrive stompyness, or ignore the shooty ones...

Ive heard one player describe it as his sheep dog. Go up one flank and watch everyone kite to the other flank... I assume you send him where you can't shoot well so they kite to your kill zones.

As mentioned magnets are your friend, and due to the size and construction the Knight is easier to magnetise than you may think - then you can have your cake and eat it :) The Gallant is the pure CC one right? As Canadian said he's surely an ultimate attention grabber - wind him up and point him at the enemy's most dangerous/important unit and see what happens :P That said, probably of less use to most lists I'd say but as you already have other Knights that's not so much of an issue for you I reckon.

Forgeworld knights!

Cerastus Knight Lancer to go take out super heavies before they get 2 shots

Cerastus Knight Castigator to kill swarms

Acheron to get a HELLSTORM template that ignores MEQ saves :ph34r.:  AND a wrecker melee weapon

...you've got plenty of the GW turtles, now get the lanky FW ones