Starting with house malinax

misterkho

thanks!

first base with zandridust, then a nuln oil wash. zandridust again to smoothen the wash edges, karakstone and a highlight on the edges with palid whych flesh.

I saw Mark Bedford's models, absolutely stunning i just wondered why he also painted all other mechanicum units in malinax colors?

Oh and what GW paints did Mark Bedford use?

i just wondered why he also painted all other mechanicum units in malinax colors?

Probably because he likes the idea of fielding a coherent force? From a fluff standpoint he can always say that these units are attached to House Malinax as servants and that they are tasked to deal in battle with the lesser threats, those unworthy of the attention of a Knight Titan. (Or, at least, that's the explanation I am using for my Incaladine Mechanicus, painted in the livery of the Tiger Eyes Titan Legio)

13816768 10210198385502287 533768968 N

small update: Did the metal trims with a 50/50 shin grey and leadbelcher, pretty happy with the results.

Did some work on the tandoori dust and karakstone. i like the colors but it's missing a touch of yellow in comparison with Mark Bedfords model.

I guess i'll have to finish this knight with karak stone but will be looking for a bit more yellowish color once i'm starting on new knights.

Oh and the wash mix of seraphim sepia and nun oil works really well!