Iron Warriors force expansion - recommendations?

Monstra Sumus

Brothers,

As it stands, the 126th is 2000 pts strong.

Erasmus Golg.

Centurion - MoS, ArtyArmour, PWeapon, Volkite Charger.

Centurion - SB, Cataphractii, Chain Fist.

Breacher Squad - Vex/Vox, Arty Armour, Melta, Breaching Charge, Power Fist, Volkite Chargers.

Support Squad - Arty Armour, Volkite Chargers.

Terminator Squad - Power Fists, Reaper Cannon, Assault Harness.

Tyrants - Chainfists.

Medusa - Bolter, Dozer, Aux Drive

Leviathan - Grav Flux, Siege Drill, Volkite, Phosphex, Armoured Ceramite.

That's the list, bang on the nose before the red book redux. Not a clue what it is now, shouldn't have changed too much.

If I were to bump it to 2500 or 3000, what would you recommend?

Thanks,

BT

How many Breachers and how many Tactical Support Marines? Breacher Squads got a 25-point reduction, but a 5 point increase in additional Marines. And volkite chargers are now free on Tactical Support Squads.

For expanding the army, I'd go for at least 1 extra Medusa, and some transports for the Infantry.

How many Breachers and how many Tactical Support Marines? Breacher Squads got a 25-point reduction, but a 5 point increase in additional Marines. And volkite chargers are now free on Tactical Support Squads.

For expanding the army, I'd go for at least 1 extra Medusa, and some transports for the Infantry.

10 man Breachers and a 5 man Support Squad. 

So that's already a 50pt save! 

I've been considering taking Hammer of Olympia as a RoW for the 4th Heavy Slot and mounting up the non Terminator troops in Proteus to make them more survivable/flexible. 

A 10 man Tactical with NV/Vex, an extra Medusa and 3 Proteus with heavy bolters runs me to 3k with a few upgrade removals. 

For next 500 points you definitely need a second medusa. 1 gets shot easily. i think even for 2k though you need to trim on characters armour is a little light with only 2 pieces. i believe in a certain amount of target saturation so you can get what you want out of everything. 

Im a bit of a armour nut and 5 tanks in 2k plus rhinos. not saying you need to go that far but i think atleast another tank will serve you well.

Hammer of olympia is awesome and i run it in any game i can find points to do it in. its amazing how many times people forget you can assault right after firing bolters etc

I'd be very concerned about your Legion Terminators in that 2k list. The Tyrants are fine sitting back and blowing stuff apart, but Golg and his crew is going to struggle with walking across the board.

The MoS going anywhere in particular? He will invariably use his cognis-signum, so drop his volkite charger to save 10 points. Also, a grenade harness does practically nothing for a unit with Initiative 1. I'd save those points too.

Hammer of Olympia sure is awesome. Definitely go for some transports in general, and you'll be fine.

I'm happy dropping certain wargear to make the list more flexible.

Keeping the Volkite squad at 5 men and dropping the grenade harness and the Tyrants down to 2 Chainfists for the squad and Artificer off the Troop Squad leaders allows me to take;

The extra medusa.

Bump the Terminators to an 8 man squad with power fists and mount them in a Spartan with Flare Shields, Aux Drive and Dozer at 2500 on the nose.

Iron Havocs. 
I have them with Missiles, Autocannons and Lascannons. 
They have made every list I've played, and have been worth their cost in gold. 
I've never had the lascannon squad wiped(what I play most often) and they have usually killed anywhere between 3-6 tanks a game. 

I absolutely love them

Archived