HH novel Fallen Angels

Helias_Tancred

Hail sons of the Lion!

I recently finished Descent of Angels, and now I'm over two thirds of the way trough Fallen Angels. The former was decent, laying a lot of groundwork expecially the last part of the novel, but the latter is GREAT! I started reading Fallen Angels ... yesterday ;)

A question I have, is Luther at any point prior to the Lion returning to Caliban, a Chaos follower or corrupted by Chaos? I'm on page 271 and this question is at the forefront of my mind as I am reading the novel.

Also it appears to be fairly clear he is secretly on the side of the rebels.

Also Nemiel's observation that the Lion struggles to identify who is of honor and integrity and who is not sheds light as to how the Dark Angels Chapter I setup in terms of rising levels of knowledge as you progress in rank. Barriers setup to test and identify one's honor, loyalty, and integrity. But in the end also compromising those ideals by such a system. Interesting.

Anyways, loving this HH novel!

I always had the impression, that Luther was loyal, even if he did sympathise with the rebels during Descent of Angels. The fall to Chaos only comes later, when his trusted post starts to grate on him, feeling evermore like a punishment, than a reward. 

^ What he said. Jealousy allowed the infection in, chaos then took him to the ultimate level. For those of us in the military sometimes there is nothing worse than training to a razor sharp edge and not being able to employ your true ability. I can only imagine a Space Marine or equivalent is even worse since they are warrior monks and all they are doing is training. Plus keep in mind this is during the "GREAT CRUSADE." I mean everyone is out getting a piece of the action. You are a member of the First Legion who has fought since Terra pacification and are considered almost as good if not better than Ultra's in battle honors. Then you are told to stick at home and train? Dad will get there sometime to see your progress? Yeah bitterness would be an understatement. We all know Chaos loves people who are desperate with daddy issues.

Archived