Conclave or no conclave?

dtse

Hey guys. Got an upcoming game against demons. Usual demon list. 20-24 psychic dice. I'll be bringing almost all ravenwing but I'm trying to decide to just abandon psychic phase as it may be pretty futile, or to try and bring a librarius conclave on bikes to try and get some buffs off and deny a few shrieks here and there. Advice?

Oh and add in question. How would you deal with a D-thirster as an exclusive ravenwing army?

I have not played demons myself, so this is not from experience. But in terms of killing a bloodthirster, I would try to rapidfire it to death with plasmatalons from black knights and ravenwing command squad. If that is not a valid strategy, nuke it from afar with typhoon speeders.

Typhoon speeders en masse should be able to take down a thirster like most MC, they max out at their 3+ armour save, so you are forcing them to A) stay airborne B) stay in combat. If you stay out of the charge range, you can kill it with missiles.

Conclave will work fine against deamons

They get a right stress on when you screw around their psychic phase, have used ours trailing zek round is hard work but having enough buff abilities and being able to put force on is sweet.

It forces them to throw a lot of dice at clutch powers causing perils of the warp & denying a lot of the new powers aren't maledictions so there having to throw 6's to block & with mind worm they'll be wary of throwing all their dice early incase your saving one for a cheeky punt at a deamon

Makes the game more fun anyways

If you have access the space marine codex, you could take a standard SM conclave. It is the same points value per psyker and ypu don't have to take Ezekiel. The latter could be good or bad. It also means no Interromancy. There are other perks to the SM conclave too but I cannot remember them. This way everyone will be on bikes. Just some food for thought. I like to hear on what you decide and how the game goes too. For the Lion!

I'll post a batrep

I think I've decided on this:

Sammael

Interrogator on bike, mace of redemption

Command squad with banner and apothecary

Black Knights x5

Black Knights x5

Maybe 1-2 3 man bike squads depending on points

Support squadron with 3 typhoon speeders

Space marines Libby conclave with 4 librarians on bikes all lvl 2

In terms of tactics was gonna start he support squadron and librarians on the board in a corner. And outflank the rest of the army. At some point I'll rejoin the librarians to sammaels squad. Otherwise I might just start whole bunch on board. Not sure

I don't out flank the main squad a lot of times, you've plenty of range on 2 out of 3 deployments, Hammer & Anvil is a whole different issue though

Roll on tables that give you buffs, don't try for telepathy your likely to end up with nothing worth casting, with a conclave santic is worth a punt with primaris being a useful threat block to get them to roll deny dice & there are some useful powers in there.

Archived