Generic Armoured Breakthrough 2.5k

Rangaman

Decided to have a play around with an Armoured Breakthrough list as I have recently had a case of tank love. With the general idea of quantity over quality I made this:

+++ Armoured Breakthrough (Warhammer 30,000 - The Horus Heresy v33) (2500pts) +++

++ The Age of Darkness (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List v153) (875pts) ++

+ HQ +

Master of Armour (245pts) [Armoured Breakthrough]
Legion Sicaran Battle Tank [Armoured Ceramite, Auxiliary Drive, Dozer Blade, Hunter-killer Missile, Lascannons]

+ Elites (495pts) +

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank (225pts) [Auxiliary Drive, Dozer Blade, Hunter-killer Missile, Lascannons]

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank (225pts) [Auxiliary Drive, Dozer Blade, Hunter-killer Missile, Lascannons]

+ Troops +

Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron (200pts)
Legion Predator Tank [Heavy Bolters, Hunter-killer Missile]

+ Heavy Support (380pts) +

Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron (560pts) [squadron Command Tank]
Legion Predator Tank [Executioner Plasma Cannon, Hunter-killer Missile, Lascannons]
Legion Predator Tank [Executioner Plasma Cannon, Hunter-killer Missile, Lascannons]

Sicaran Venator Tank Destroyer (210pts) [Auxiliary Drive, Dozer Blade, Hunter-killer Missile]

Sicaran Venator Tank Destroyer (210pts) [Auxiliary Drive, Dozer Blade, Hunter-killer Missile]

Created with BattleScribe

I suppose the idea here is first turn unleashing all the HKM and moving into positions to cover rear and side armour, then pushing forward with all guns blazing as required. It would even do well to sit back and fire away depending on terrain and opponent. One little thing I had considered is an outflanking Proteus or two with some Combi vets for a turn two surprise (if I went SoH).

What are peoples thoughts on this? Are all my bases covered or am I missing anything noticeable?

Nice! HKMs are a really great deal at 5 points now! But use them on the right Tanks, ie the anti-armour ones. The 6 you have on the Troops Predators are probably better off swapped for dozer blades.

Also, the HKMs on the Venators are gonna Snap Fire due to Ordnance on the neutron beam laser. Why not take dozer blades on the Plasma Preds with those points? (if you can find 5 points from somewhere else)...

Not about the list per say but won't you be missing an opponent? Either he plays an "all comers" list and 2/3 of his army is useless and you are playing 2500pts vs 1000pts at best (if he even accepts to play once), or he tailors for it and there is not much you can do. Or he plays 8 Knights and then you fit perfectly in the meta.

On list the list itself, it's spammy and I doubt you can make it more spammy, bring a little diversity to your list. Otherwise I agree with Caillum about HKs.

Nice! HKMs are a really great deal at 5 points now! But use them on the right Tanks, ie the anti-armour ones. The 6 you have on the Troops Predators are probably better off swapped for dozer blades.

Also, the HKMs on the Venators are gonna Snap Fire due to Ordnance on the neutron beam laser. Why not take dozer blades on the Plasma Preds with those points? (if you can find 5 points from somewhere else)...

I was working along the lines of everything using their HKMs as a first strike while they move to get into optimal positions, the Venator doesn't have the longest range to work with so I figured this gave it something to do first turn. Vehicle upgrades are probably something to consider though.

Not about the list per say but won't you be missing an opponent? Either he plays an "all comers" list and 2/3 of his army is useless and you are playing 2500pts vs 1000pts at best (if he even accepts to play once), or he tailors for it and there is not much you can do. Or he plays 8 Knights and then you fit perfectly in the meta.

On list the list itself, it's spammy and I doubt you can make it more spammy, bring a little diversity to your list. Otherwise I agree with Caillum about HKs.

Yeah I don't want to be "that guy" so I will prob box this list away and never look at it again. Curiously enough my main opponents are either Phosphex heavy DG, Cybernetica or Knights.

i have no issues playing this with my 2500 point all comers list. played against a similar 2k army and was a fun game.

most of the time you wlll find you win in spectacular fashion or lose horribly

This is definetly not the type of list I would dump on someone for a friendly game, out of curiosity, what did your 2.5k list look like to handle this many tanks?

I was working along the lines of everything using their HKMs as a first strike while they move to get into optimal positions, the Venator doesn't have the longest range to work with so I figured this gave it something to do first turn. Vehicle upgrades are probably something to consider though.

Yeah I don't want to be "that guy" so I will prob box this list away and never look at it again. Curiously enough my main opponents are either Phosphex heavy DG, Cybernetica or Knights.

i have no issues playing this with my 2500 point all comers list. played against a similar 2k army and was a fun game.

most of the time you wlll find you win in spectacular fashion or lose horribly

This is definetly not the type of list I would dump on someone for a friendly game, out of curiosity, what did your 2.5k list look like to handle this many tanks?

If I had to venture a guess, probably chainfist cataphractii, and mb's on any and all infantry? Plus maybe support from a sic venator and a flyer of some sort. At least that's what I'd bring. That or a titan tongue.png

that is your list's biggest weakness right there, flyers. A fire raptor with reaper batteries could do moderate - considerable damage each turn.

that is your list's biggest weakness right there, flyers. A fire raptor with reaper batteries could do moderate - considerable damage each turn.

I'm pretty sure 4 Sicarans w/ lascan and 6 predator canons can bring down any flyer.

I'm pretty sure 4 Sicarans w/ lascan and 6 predator canons can bring down any flyer.

That is a fair point smile.png

Archived