Oathsworn Freeblade.

Greetings all.  This is my first post in this sub forum ( I think ).

I recently went half on a box of Renegade with a friend and acquired a Paladin.  I have added it to my list that I plan on taking to the 2016 LVO.  Other then the Knight my list is a Raven Guard CT Highlander CAD.   The Knight has added a further dimension to my list, one with alot of 72' fire power.

Oathsworn Detachment -
Knight Paladin = 405 pts
2x Heavy Stubber, Rapid-fire Battle Cannon, Reaper chainsword, Ion shield, Ironstorm missile pod.

This is my first Super Heavy/ LOW i have ever used.  Having played this game from the start it is not small feat on holding off this long.  Getting my feet wet with the Knight has been fun.  I am very impressed with the the firepower that has been added to my team. 

I have looked through the forum for some Tactica but most of it is about Knight Primary lists.  I was hoping that some could help me out with a Oathsworn, Freeblade.  I have no intention of getting any more Knights or swapping out the blessed wargear.  Is there anyone out there who plays a Similar equipped Paladin?  How about singular Knights Oathsworn too Space Marine lists?

I will post a pic of 'Sun of the Mourning', soon for you're inspection.

13754174_1732613410338788_23426000293506

13680781_1732612920338837_31837376064581

Edited by Lord Lorne Walkier

My Knight is still under construction (well, mostly painting technically) and will be running with my SM and other armies. I think the Paladin is a great all rounder but as a supporting Knight I'm leaning more towards the Errant for some hard hitting shooting to match the combat. From the looks of your build you're after a more support role, so perhaps that's best - how do your Marines usually work?

Almost done with my 1st real Knight as well, it realy drops in cost when you get the 2 knight set with someone else and for just €140 Euros (almost a steal in comparison to original GW price).

I haz it magnetised btw, but i dont have the fist, GW only added 1 extra weapon sprue in the kit.

The Paladin is easily the best well-rounded Knight, and a perfect choice if you're not sure what your SM army is going to be (or you like to play flexibly).  The build you're going for is a bit pricey, but it gives you a great mix of firepower and melee potential.  The big thing to consider when bringing an Oathsworn Detachment is where you will lose those points in a SM list.  At 1000 points, it's a lot of eggs in one basket though many opponents will struggle to deal with a Knight at that level.  In 1500-1850, the investment is obviously less but you do run the risk of the opposing player having more answers to the Knight (or perhaps his own Knight), so you'll need the correct SM units to shore up the Knight's weaknesses (massed long-range anti-tank firepower, fast MCs/GCs, deep striking melta/grav spam, etc.).

- how do your Marines usually work?

I play Raven Guard CT, Jump assault mostly with a Ravenhawk Assault Group (fully loaded with Plas) Plus a Bastion....

Space Marines CAD + R.A.G. + OATHSWORN DETACHMENT, Battleforged, Highlander.

{1850pts}

Raven Guard Chapter Tactics

HQ-

Captain = 165 pts

Artificer armour, Raven's Fury, Switfstrike & Murder, Melta bombs,

Warlord

Troops-

Tactical Squad x5 = 90 pts

Las cannon.

Scout Squad x5 = 60 pts

Melta bombs, 5x Bolt pistols, 5x CCW.

Elites-

Vanguard Veterans x5 = 180 pts

Jump packs.

VV Srg: Lighting Claw, Storm shield, Bolt pistol.

VV #2: Melta bombs, Storm shield, Bolt pistol.

VV #3: 2x Lightning claws.

VV #4: Power Axe, Power sword.

VV #5: Power fist, Lightning claw.

Fast Attack-

Assault Squad x10 = 175 pts

Melta bombs, Jump packs.

Ravenhawk Assault Group-

Sternguard Veterans x10 = 350 pts

VSrg: 2x Plasma pistol.

SV #2,3: 2x Plasma gun, 2x Bolt pistol.

SV #4-10: 7x Combi Plasma gun, 7x Bolt pistol.

Stormraven Gunship = 205 pts

Twin-linked Plasma cannon, Twin-linked Multi-melta, 4x Stormstrike m, Extra Armour.

Dreadnought = 100 pts

Multi-melta, Storm bolter, Power fist.

Fortification-

Imperial Bastion = 120 pts

Comms relay, Void Shield.

Oathsworn Detachment -

Knight Paladin = 405 pts

2x Heavy Stubber, Rapid-fire Battle Cannon, Reaper chainsword, Ion shield, Ironstorm missile pod.

I have noticed that the Knight is the perfect size to hide behind a Imperial Bastion.  Playing Peek a BOOM from behind the fort is going to be soo fun.

13615114_1732613320338797_20251622658952

Edited by Lord Lorne Walkier

Seems like a decent list.  The Knight will give you some durability your squishier JP Marines lack, and you have some bases covered by the RAG.  I'm not sure what advantage you get from hiding the Paladin behind the Bastion, given he already has a 4+ Invul from his Ion Shield, but maybe I'm missing the intent?

Seems like a decent list.  The Knight will give you some durability your squishier JP Marines lack, and you have some bases covered by the RAG.  I'm not sure what advantage you get from hiding the Paladin behind the Bastion, given he already has a 4+ Invul from his Ion Shield, but maybe I'm missing the intent?

I'm new at this so perhaps I'm doing it wrong but i figured having an additional shield / cover save might help.

You know, it's not an awful idea since you could face your shield another direction if you expect an Outflank or Deep Strike attack, though it's still possible to get attacked from the opposite side.  You have to declare where the Ion Shield is facing every turn (can't remember which phase) so it's not all-encompassing.  That said, your opponent could throw Ignores Cover to deny the save from the building, but it's still not a bad tactic as long as you plan to use the bastion for something else (putting your Tactical Marines in there?).

You know, it's not an awful idea since you could face your shield another direction if you expect an Outflank or Deep Strike attack, though it's still possible to get attacked from the opposite side.  You have to declare where the Ion Shield is facing every turn (can't remember which phase) so it's not all-encompassing.  That said, your opponent could throw Ignores Cover to deny the save from the building, but it's still not a bad tactic as long as you plan to use the bastion for something else (putting your Tactical Marines in there?).

Yeh, the Tacticals camp the Bastion.  Also the Shield is angled at the start of the enemy's shooting.

Also the Bastion can fully block the LOS to a Knight.

13620202_1732620010338128_15721101335971

13769569_1732619923671470_81314788726616

I bet there are not a lot of peeps using both a Bastion and a Knight but I think hiding a Knight out of LOS from the right troops could be good...

• 3 weeks later...