Aelong's list

dtse

hey guys, just trying to figure out aaron aelong's list.

hes got basically a dark angels cad with command squad. And attached to this is various characters. This includes azrael im assuming for the invuln save, and ezekiel in the latest incarnation.  My question is how does he keep these foot-slogging guys together with the bikes/wolves?

If were to include Ezekiel & Azreal then I'd buy a pod as well to come down 1st turn so they would walk out of it and join up with the Deathstar or just use the Black Knights Scout move and I presume he's using the +3 warlord trait.

The Az/Zek Combo adds a lot

+1 bonus attack on the charge (DA faction only)

Level 3 Librarian 3 wounds with Artificer Armour

4+ Invun

+1 to seize (a lot of super heavies around most comps give you +1 if your opponent has a super heavy making it 4+ which will mess over a lot of opponents)

The only downside is he's not Eternal Warrior which is quite bizarre for a lord of War

Zeke doesn't just give +1 attack on the charge, he gives +1 attack to all DA models within 6" at the start of the fight sub phase, it's a really big difference.

So Azrael who can pick his Warlord trait would probably go for Rapid Manoeuvre adding 3" to the units run and charge moves. This keeps any foot sloggers attached to bike units a little more mobile. Your bike units still have reach though so even though you will end up with a massive train by like turn 2 if you make the charge they will all get another free move. Azrael is the better choice over Sammael simply because the whole unit gets the 4++ and makes them more durable in combat.

A huge Deathstar like this can also break off into 2 mini deathstars no problem to tie up objectives or force overwatch on 1 model rather than the whole unit.

I've seen a BA guy do something similar with Sang Guard with a Sisters Priest and Mephiston. Worked pretty well.

Azrael and Ezekiel are both death wing but don't wear terminator armour. Can they still deep strike like death wing? Cause then you could just teleport homer them in right next to the star in midfield and join up

The Deathwing rule doesn't allow the Deep Strike, the Terminator armour does and since they aren't wearing Terminator armour no they can't deep strike.

The new psychic powers can boost them as well re-roll saving throws then there's + 1 toughness & a regain wound one or joy ride on a piece of terrain then +3 charge from it!

Ezekiel is no slouch in combat either force master crafted + the number of attacks he has

Archived