Gallant Lance

Charlo

Anyone ever used the formation?

Being able to get up to 6 D attacks each on the charge seems pretty Gnarly, as the expense of any decent shooting of course! Plus easier sweeping advances and re-rolling charges.

But 3 Knights for under 1k is kind of hilarious, especially when they go around swinging the D and throwing Tank Wrecks/ Battlesuit Corpses onto enemies.

I imagine it's a pretty simple formation in that you point and click at the biggest threat.

It's a neat idea, and it'll do well in "standard" meta.  I don't think it scales well (1850 armies will have tools to deal with it and keep the IKs from getting to CC) but it's a cool idea at that point level.  I'd say if you've magnetized your IKs, give it a try and let us know how it does!  Don't forget, you'll have 25 points left if you want to slide in a couple upgrades.

Technically, you could give all of them meltaguns, FWIW.  But yes, I agree that having this many Super Heavies dedicated primarily to melee is kind of a poor tactical setup.  Far better to take two Errants/Paladins/Wardens and a platoon of IG or Skitarii Maniple (or something like that).