Did I do this correct?

dtse

I know it's been debated before. And I don't think it was FAQd. I played ravenwing last night and for plasma talons here what I was doing

I had four guys, in rapid fire range. So I rolled 8 dice. Any rolls of 1,2 I rerolled. On rerolls any 1s I took saves for gets hot. Then randomly allocated the wound.

So I know it's debated if both have to be ones or not for gets hot. But pragmatically, if you do think that first 1 is a gets hot result, then what do you do with that shot? Resolve it right away and if it is unsaved the second shot doesn't happen? To me it only makes sense if it's twinlinked to have to have second roll be a 1. And should you roll every shot individually then?

Technically you would roll for each model separately, as you could roll double 1's on 1 dude, but otherwise yeah. If you roll a 2, and use the twin-linked, and roll a 1 on that die, it gets hot. You only look at the final die result ever, the original value is discarded when you re-roll it.

Get's hot rolls only trigger if after you re-roll the twin linked you get a 1. Doesn't matter if the first result was a 1, what matters is that only after all rolls and re-rolls are done the 1's standing are the real get's hot. In any case you can roll dice individually, so that you know which rider gets the get's hot. Only thing it does is slowing down the game.

It is better to roll them individually.

One BK could roll two 1s after rerolls and fail 2 saves, which would kill only 1 BK.

But if you roll the squad together, you wouldn't know that it was 1 BK so you would kill 2 BK because of the 2 failed saves.

Oh yeah, and always roll the apothecary shooting last, so you don't lose the FNP with the first shot.

Archived