Questions about the War Convocation

So, I've recently begun thinking about picking up the Star Collecting Skitarii box. Since it offers some things that I'd kinda like to have. The Onager Dune Crawler has access to the Icarus array,  which is the best AAA I've seen in the game thus far. It even gives the IA1.2 Hydra a run for its money.

This brings me to my question, Can you take the Dominus Maniple that comes in the Skitarii SC box, as part of the War Convocation in the Skitarii part?

The reason I ask is 2 fold. First, As soon as I can afford it, I will be picking up the Knights Renegade Box, and essentially completing my Knight House. Second is that I have a friend who is now the proud owner of a Mars Alpha Pattern Warlord Titan, and he has some AdMech to go with it.

I had a list Idea for him, and I wanted to see if it was legal:

Cult Mechanicus CAD:

TP Dominus

2x Kataphron Destroyers

Warlord Titan

War Convocation:

Skitarii Part - Dominus Maniple

Imperial Knights Part - 2 Gallants and a Crusader

Total is 4650 points. He could flesh out the CAD with some of his AdMech, to fill out the other 450 points of a 5k list if he wanted.

Is this a legal list?

No, that is not a legal War Convocation.  The War Convocation always must consist of the following:

One Battle Congregation (Cult Mech specific FOG, similar to a CAD)

One Battle Maniple (a specific formation from Skitarii codex, includes basically one of every Skitarii unit but you can choose which dragoon type instead of requiring both)

And the Imperial Knight formation that is 1-3 knights (don't remember the name)

So, no Dominus Maniple, although you could just run the DM alongside a War Convocation, and the units from a DM are all represented in a War Convocation, but the Maniple itself can never be part of one.

Hmm, curious, that Battlescribe allows it then. Probably a glitch, or a poor understanding of the rules.

So It'd be a simple matter to just switch up the Convocation for just the Dominus Maniple separately and running a household detachment of knights, in addition to the AdMech CAD. The Household Det is arguably better, because of Lord Baron/Warlord, and ObSec knights.

I'm still thinking about getting the Skitarii box, as I've wanted some for a while, and the Dominus Maniple is the most playable (read; useful) Formation I've seen from the Start Collecting Boxes.

I don't really want a huge mechanicus force, Basically just some small supporting allies, to justify the existence of techpriests in my DIY Guard Regiment (Quick backstory, their world was isolated from the Imperium for a while, and only contact was through the Space Wolves, who used them as Skaerls. Mechanicus discovered their world, but gain no traction as the world's manufacturing is done by machines making parts, and humans putting them together. My guardsmen don't think twice about destroying vehicles they abandon, or discarding broken weapons, or kicking a recalcitrant machine...)

So for fluff reasons, my AdMech forces will remain small, possibly expanding to a CAD of a Dominus and a couple squads of Kataphron. And Several Techpriest Enginseers, to satisfy cadian battlegroup requirements.

This will likely result in humourous slice of life Fanfiction...

The start collecting box is a phenomenal deal, and I highly recommend one or more (I've gotten 2 and I will get more for sure). Whether you want to run a war convocation or not it's worth it!

I'm really hoping not to have a ton of mechanicus. I already have a bunch of armies, and I really only play one of them right now. I've had eldar, and I have necrons, tau, dark angels, space wolves, raven guard, and Imperial Guard. I need to unload some of these armies, and in one case pare it down to only what I want.

I think that for the entirety of my mechanicus forces, it will be made up of a Dominus Maniple, and a Cohort Cybernetica. I just did some research, and there is a formation that lets me take a Tech Priest dominus, and 2 units of Kastelan robots, which I actually really like the look of. 

Any Mechanicus forces I get will share the same paint scheme to my IG Techpriests (I currently only have 1, bit I plan to get more, as I need them for formations).

I'm really hoping not to have a ton of mechanicus. I already have a bunch of armies, and I really only play one of them right now. I've had eldar, and I have necrons, tau, dark angels, space wolves, raven guard, and Imperial Guard. I need to unload some of these armies, and in one case pare it down to only what I want.

I think that for the entirety of my mechanicus forces, it will be made up of a Dominus Maniple, and a Cohort Cybernetica. I just did some research, and there is a formation that lets me take a Tech Priest dominus, and 2 units of Kastelan robots, which I actually really like the look of. 

Any Mechanicus forces I get will share the same paint scheme to my IG Techpriests (I currently only have 1, bit I plan to get more, as I need them for formations).

Heh, that was my intention too Ulrik, but then i wound up with a War Convo : P... On the upside its a relatively compact army and the models are incredible.

Cohort Cybernetica is the formation of 2x Kastellan units and a Dominus in one unit. Ive run it several times, its very destructive and tough as hell (Main concerns being psychic stuff like force, power klaws, mass grav/plasma). The downside is its slow and heavy on points, so not ideal for Maelstrom but great for ITC missions).

Kataphron Destroyers are very deadly customers too, consider.

Archived