Ultramarines 2.5k Pride of the Legion

Ishagu

Got a few games coming up. I've been criticised for not running enough infantry so I'm adding a 10 strong support squad with Volkites.

I think this will perform well and covers a lot of bases :-)

HQ:

-Centurion, Chaplain Consul

Troops:

-10 man Veteran Tactical Squad, Sgt with Combi Plasma, 2 Plasma guns, Rhino, (Snipers+Outflank)

-10 man Veteran Tactical Squad, Sgt with Combi Plasma, 2 Plasma guns, Rhino, (Snipers+Outflank)

-10 man Tactical Support Squad, Volkite Calivers

-5 Invectarus Suzerains, Landraider Phobos, Multi-Melta

Elites:

-Apothecary, Artifacer Armour (joins the Invectarus)

-Apothecary, Augury Scanner (joins the support squad)

-2 Rapier Quad Mortars, Shatter Shells

Heavy Support:

-Legion Sicaran, Las Cannon Sponsons

-Legion Sicaran, Las Cannon Sponsons

-Deredeo, Autocannons, Ailos Missiles, Heavy Bolter

Lord of War:

-Primarch Roboute Guilliman

Anything glaringly wrong?

I likes it!

As Charlo said, a great all-rounder list that looks like a ton of fun.

Theoretical: imagine how tough it would be if you replaced the sicarans with malcadors.

Lol I've already thought about it! Unfortunately I finished the second Sicaran literally a week or so before the new book dropped, and I'm not willing to replace them just yet.

But yes, having Malcadors with Tank Hunter or Interceptor would be pretty amazing, especially at their current price range!

No invulnerable save for the Chaplain at all? I do like this list to be honest and want to do something similar for my Ultramarines - would it be slightly safer to run this list as Primarchs Chosen so you don't lose 2 VP when all the vets die? Since I imagine Guilliman won't die that often compared to them?

No invulnerable save for the Chaplain at all? I do like this list to be honest and want to do something similar for my Ultramarines - would it be slightly safer to run this list as Primarchs Chosen so you don't lose 2 VP when all the vets die? Since I imagine Guilliman won't die that often compared to them?

Yes, that's perhaps a better alternative! It would be my preference in truth.

The Chaplain is under-geared but at least I can "look-out sir" wounds away from him reliably, where as the Apothecary needs as much defence as possible, hence the Artifacer Armour.

I'd certainly like to upgrade him but don't see where I can drop points :-/

This is literally the same situation that I had for my PotL list! .I had 2 vet squads, and a 3rd support that was already painted with Calivers!

Since losing the vets is worth -2 VPs now I figured it give them a larger chance at surviving by making the Calivers turn into another squad of Vets (lucky their arms were magnetized so I just need to switch the Calivers to bolters).

Id recommend you do the same if you are going to run a PotL list.

Calivers are 2shots str6 30" range. I'm using them as anti infantry/light armour support and a deepstrike defence also.

I can't recall if Guilliman has FNP, but I'd run it as Primarch's Chosen and with a Primus Medicae or Forge Lord instead of the Chaplain.

There's an Apothecary in the unit :-)

In the Landraider there's Guilliman, the Chaplain, 5 Suzerains and an Apothecary.

Whoops, totally missed that. Then yeah, definitely Forge Lord then for those rad grenades so your AP2 pickaxes wound other marines on 3+ for more obnoxiousness.

Losing the veterans for -2VP is a legit concern, so I'd repeat the call to run it as Primarch's Chosen.  Sure you effectively lose the game if you lose Guilliman, but if you've lost Guilliman you have lost the war, so it doesn't matter! :D

Calivers are 2shots str6 30" range. I'm using them as anti infantry/light armour support and a deepstrike defence also.

I can't recall if Guilliman has FNP, but I'd run it as Primarch's Chosen and with a Primus Medicae or Forge Lord instead of the Chaplain.

There's an Apothecary in the unit :-)

In the Landraider there's Guilliman, the Chaplain, 5 Suzerains and an Apothecary.

whoops, i had charger rules in my head.

Archived