Reaping on Foot 3k

Charlo

So i'm back to tinkering around with the Death Guard!

As I outlined in the Tactica thread I had an idea on how to really utilize the fluffy boots on the ground approach to these guys with Vigilators and lots of Outflanking Terminators!

I think it really works around the Reaping's restrictions, while making good use of Rad Grenades etc. Every unit bar the Quad guns is scoring too! So there is no worry of objectives.

Plan is:

Barebones Tacticals, Missile Squad (with attached Apothecary and Siege Breaker) and Quad Mortars sit behind the Aegis Line on back field objectives.

A Vigilator each joins a unit of Terminators to grant them Outflank, as there is no deep strike of flat out with transports for the reaping, this lets them get up field quickly.

Mortarion rolls solo, Shadow-walking across terrain or joins whichever unit of Terminators seems most fitting for the game.

Sniper Vets have Chem Heavy Flamers and a few combi's Chem Flamers thrown in for Sniping Template fun and also Outflank in Rhinos for positioning purposes.

With a bit of luck on turn 2, statistically speaking 3 of my 4 reserve units should show up - so that is the two terminator units and a sniper vet squad. Sniper Vets and Wardens should be able to shoot down most infantry or tough things they encounter through sniping or weight of fire. Mortarion throws a Phosphex bomb. Deathshroud might get to hand flame something... Phosphex Mortars fire around enemy deployment zone leaving 12 templates that the DG don't give a damn about.

Turn 3 everyone is let loose and starts charging and Mortarion is now in full insanity mode.

What do we think?

Only real trouble I can see would be massed AV14 - but even the 10 tank hunting missiles will give it a go unless it's a Spartan.

+++ 3k Reaping +++

+ HQ  +

[siege Breaker] (115pts) [Artificer Armour, Boarding Shield]

[Vigilator] (110pts) [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Rad Grenades]

[Vigilator] (110pts) [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Rad Grenades]

+ Elites +

Legion Apothecary (55pts) [Artificer Armour]

Deathshroud Terminator Squad (280pts) [6x Deathshroud Terminators, Melta Bombs]

Legion Quad Launcher Support Battery (240pts) [3x Legion Rapier, Phosphex Canister Shot]

+ Troops  +

Legion Heavy Support Squad (300pts) [9x Legion Space Marines, Missile Launchers]
············Legion Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner]

Legion Tactical Squad (145pts) [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla]
············Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour]

Legion Tactical Squad (145pts) [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla]
············Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (300pts) [Chem-munitions, 2x Combi-weapon, 2x Heavy Flamer, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Marksmen]
············Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Combi-weapon, Power Scythe, Rad Grenades]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (300pts) [Chem-munitions, 2x Combi-weapon, 2x Heavy Flamer, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Marksmen]
············Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Combi-weapon, Power Scythe, Rad Grenades]

+ Heavy Support +

········Grave Warden Terminator Squad (390pts) [3x Chainfist, 9x Grave Warden Terminator]

+ LoW  +

Mortarion the Reaper (425pts)
········Rite of War [The Reaping]

+ Fortification +
Aegis Defence Line (70pts)

...........Comm Relay

• 2 weeks later...

Over 100 views and no one thought to comment?

List must be perfect then aye? ;)

UPDATE:

Had a second run to fit in some anti tank and get in big guns without AV... I have some bots I want to use and they seem perfect things to accompany the DG into Rad Hell:

+++ Reaping 3k (3000pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List (Age of Darkness) (2300pts) ++

+ HQ (355pts) +

Legion Centurion (135pts) [Artificer Armour, Boarding Shield, Phosphex Bombs, Volkite Charger]

Consul [siege Breaker]

Legiones Astartes [Legion Specific Rules]

Legion Centurion (110pts) [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Rad Grenades]

Consul [Vigilator]

Legion Centurion (110pts) [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Rad Grenades]

Consul [Vigilator]

+ Troops (765pts) +

Legion Heavy Support Squad (175pts) [4x Legion Space Marines, Missile Launchers]

Legion Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner]

Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour]

Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour]

Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Combi-weapon, Power Scythe, Rad Grenades]

+ Elites (440pts) +

Deathshroud Terminator Squad (280pts) [6x Deathshroud Terminators, Melta Bombs]

Legion Quad Launcher Support Battery (160pts) [Phosphex Canister Shot]

Legion Rapier Quad Launcher

Legion Rapier Quad Launcher

+ Heavy Support (315pts) +

Grave Warden Terminator Squad (315pts) [2x Chainfist, Chem-master, 7x Grave Warden Terminator]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [Traitor, XIV: Death Guard]

+ Lord of War (425pts) +

Mortarion the Reaper (425pts) [Primarch]

Master of the Legion [The Reaping]

++ Fortifications (Fortification) (70pts) ++

+ Fortification (70pts) +

Aegis Defense Line (70pts) [Comms Relay]

++ Mechanicum: Taghmata Army List (Allied Detachment) (630pts) ++

+ HQ (80pts) +

Magos Dominus (80pts) [Augury Scanner]

+ Troops (300pts) +

Castellax Class Battle-Automata Maniple (300pts) [Enhanced Targeting Array]

Castellax class Battle-automata [Darkfire Cannon, 2x Flamer]

Castellax class Battle-automata [Darkfire Cannon, 2x Flamer]

+ Heavy Support (250pts) +

Thanatar Class Siege-automata Maniple (250pts) [Thanatar Class Siege-automata]

+ Legion +

Legio [Legio Cybernetica]

Man i hate the way battlescribe does lists. soo much extra info thats not needed.

nice fluffy list

footslogging will always be tough. phosphex doesnt bother us death guard too much but you are still very susceptible to quad launchers and medusa batteries

are the points on the quad launchers correct? i thought 2x with phos shells would be 120 off top of my head of if thats 3 180...

nice how much scoring you have but as you know Anti tank could be a issue. 

Hmm yeah quads could be a problem, but I can't see them surviving too long once I hopefully outflank near them with the Terminators or Sniper Vets. Along with big nasty template tanks they will be priority numero uno. Plus the Thanatar can really murder Artillery batteries.

I think the darkfire lances will do an adequate job against most things. If I'm against a spartan Deathstar I'd probably shake up the deployment and keep Mortarion and the Wardens back to act as a defensive block, seeing as they can really take a beating and dish it back (crazy overwatch and forcing disordered charges etc). I think in that sense the list is quite flexible with a lot of hard targets.

Yes indeed Dan my friend smile.png

Well, more so he has Scout (and by proxy of that Outflank) and Scout confers to the squad.

I think the Mechanicum allies are what really make it, big tough bots laying down the firepower.

The missile squad is still eh - but I really can't think of what else to use them for...

Archived