Characterization of Corax?

Claws and Effect

Not sure where else to put this.

I'd like to do a crossover fanfiction with Corax as a main character, exploring what happened to him after he disappeared.

Has anyone written anything that gives me a good idea of his personality that I can use as a jumping off point?

Probably a stupid question, but you've read 'Deliverance Lost', 'Ravenlord', 'Corax: Soulforge' etc, right?

Not yet. I've heard some of them were pretty bad, and didn't really want to drop $25 on a book I might not like.

Probably should have phrased that as "other than the books I haven't gotten to yet"

I think his depiction in the FW book with the Raven Guard in it was pretty good, if not outright having dialogue in it. And don't buy those books, they do suck.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

For the record, my general idea is to send Corax back in time to M3 in the Marvel universe to foil a Chaos plot to kill the Emperor before he has a chance to unite humanity. That way I get to combine 2 of my favorite things in a cool way biggrin.png

• 1 month later...

I think his depiction in the FW book with the Raven Guard in it was pretty good, if not outright having dialogue in it. And don't buy those books, they do suck.

For the record, my general idea is to send Corax back in time to M3 in the Marvel universe to foil a Chaos plot to kill the Emperor before he has a chance to unite humanity. That way I get to combine 2 of my favorite things in a cool way biggrin.png

I haven't read much about him in the books, but he seemed to be one of the nicer Primarchs. A loner, for sure, and ruthless when it came to fulfilling his goals, but it seemed those goals tended to be things like usurping tyrants and bringing justice. "Deliverance" is a prominent theme of his, and I believe the Raven Guard sometimes orchestrated Alpha Legion style civilian uprisings, but with more of a "justice for the proletariat" angle, rather than an "anarchist riots" angle.

Sooo sort of a cross between V (for Vendetta) and Batman? Excluding the villainous expies of those two character already in 40k?

On a semi-related note: why is Corax always depicted in art as having normal skin when all of his progeny look like someone bottomed out the saturation and broke the ceiling on the contrast? I feel like Corax should be more freakishly pale in depictions.

I haven't read much about him in the books, but he seemed to be one of the nicer Primarchs. A loner, for sure, and ruthless when it came to fulfilling his goals, but it seemed those goals tended to be things like usurping tyrants and bringing justice. "Deliverance" is a prominent theme of his, and I believe the Raven Guard sometimes orchestrated Alpha Legion style civilian uprisings, but with more of a "justice for the proletariat" angle, rather than an "anarchist riots" angle.

Sooo sort of a cross between V (for Vendetta) and Batman? Excluding the villainous expies of those two character already in 40k?

On a semi-related note: why is Corax always depicted in art as having normal skin when all of his progeny look like someone bottomed out the saturation and broke the ceiling on the contrast? I feel like Corax should be more freakishly pale in depictions.

Kor Phaeron calls him an albino in 'The Last Heretic', so chalk it up (see what I did there?) to crap depictions by artists

Archived