Lore question about BA look

m0nolith

Meh, I really like the Vampire aspect. I actually wish they went deeper with it.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want them to want to be vampires, I just wish it felt more like a curse that they hate. Like, I don't want them to dress more like vampires. I just want the flaw to feel like an actual flaw like it used to.

Basically I want them to be cursed angels who fight harder for the Emperor and Sanguinius to make up for their flaw. And I want the downside to be represented in the rules the way it used to be.

I want it to feel tragic, right now it doesn't.

... But also, I want the forge world Angel treatment they got... Nothing screams sons of an Angel like the Day of Revelations...

It's the Duality that really gets it for me - just look at the SG vs the DC, they are pretty much the spectrum for how a BA marine can go!

The artwork has always been this way too, 2nd Ed was always more OTT but there is some hella beauty in it... E.G. 2nd Ed Mephy:

http://wh40kart.im/_images/55f23df0973cb99be07f6da10da7f049.jpg

Vampire to the MAX!

But even Astorath is rocking that Angel of Death/ Vamp aesthetic in 5th.

But then Sanguinius is always depicted as the golden angelic lord of all and I think our Heresy characters will be as well (bar Amit...)

Maybe that's just it... We have this darker aspect to show how we've changed in 10k years and the flaw has gotten worse.

I will say though, I'm glad we didn't go too far down either route - we don't want to have our Equivalent of Wolf Guard riding Thunder Wolves in a Great Wolf Formation alongside the Wulfen.

Instead of thunder wolves we could ride giant vampire bats...

*takes cover*

I remember when the Space Wolves 'santa sleigh' was released a few members of B&C proposed that the next Mephiston model should be surfing a Blood wave on a Coffin ;)

I would give a kidney for this

First excuse me for my writing, I speak and write English poorly.

The vampiric appearance faded as and measuring the progress of fluff.
It is found not only on a few figurines (sharp teeth, stylized armor, etc). Before in some codices, it was clearly written the word vampire, now it is more than implied.

The history of the Blood Angels from the great crusade, and then declines for ten thousand years.
Automatically, it leaves traces.
The obscurantism and mysticism returned to the load and the rococo imagery is changed to something darker.

After the vampiric aspect is somewhat awkward and should not really be there.
The imagery has approached vampiric appearance also by this that induce the Blood Angels: blood, bloody rituals, etc .. shortcut was too easy and GW did.

IMHO.

Thankfully, a kilo of greenstuff is probably going to cost you less than a kidney.

As someone who has had a wife go through the process of receiving a kidney, I can tell you that this is true.

Off topic, dialysis costs 60k a month without insurance. Just an FYI if you guys were thinking of getting Kidney Disease for "funsies".

Thankfully, a kilo of greenstuff is probably going to cost you less than a kidney.

As someone who has had a wife go through the process of receiving a kidney, I can tell you that this is true.

Off topic, dialysis costs 60k a month without insurance. Just an FYI if you guys were thinking of getting Kidney Disease for "funsies".

That's my favorite sport...

Not sure if anyone has posted this, as I haven't had time to skim the whole thread. I look at it like this, the veterans would have longer "fangs" since they have battled with the red thirst longer. I like the vampiric qualities of the BA. It is what drew me to them 14 years ago. They are far from perfect, and they try to make up for that in appearance and training. Just my thoughts.

Your thinking space wolves.

They get longer fangs as they get older.

Their veterans are literally called long fangs for a reason.

Blood Angels don't do that.

He's saying how he sees it. Blood Angels *do* get fangs with the Red Thirst, though. It's been that way since at least Blood Quest.

Yeah, but cloten also grew horns. I wouldnt take canine growth as absolutely due to ba gene heritage if thats your source...

I do, because they are described as vampires, and have canines on the models now.

To be fair, his horns were an exaggerated growth of the flaw and genetic mutations set about with the warp. And it's entirely possible that is the fate that overcomes all those completely taken by the red thirst, after all, no one knows what happens to them after they are taken to the tower of Amero, and beastial cries can be heard howling for blood. That's all been in our fluff outside of Blood Quest.

Your thinking space wolves.

They get longer fangs as they get older.

Their veterans are literally called long fangs for a reason.

Blood Angels don't do that.

I'm well aware of the Long Fangs, and I meant nothing like that. It doesn't have anything to do with age, or even experience. To me it's dependent on the individuals ability to fend off the Red Thirst. Those more susceptible are those with vampire-like tendencies. BA have always had vampiric, or even canibalism in their fluff. Just like they've had a righteous fury they've unleashed in Sanguinor and the Emperor's name.

Yeah, but cloten also grew horns. I wouldnt take canine growth as absolutely due to ba gene heritage if thats your source...

I do, because they are described as vampires, and have canines on the models now.

To be fair, his horns were an exaggerated growth of the flaw and genetic mutations set about with the warp. And it's entirely possible that is the fate that overcomes all those completely taken by the red thirst, after all, no one knows what happens to them after they are taken to the tower of Amero, and beastial cries can be heard howling for blood. That's all been in our fluff outside of Blood Quest.

Yes. This. No one has to agree with us. It's all about how you interpret what you read.

Ive always interpretted it as the ones who have geneseed directly cultured from Sang after death have it worst, as they have effectively been directly exposed to horus' psychic attack, while those who are descended of marines who were alive at the time have only 2ndary exposure which while still very bad is more resistable...

It's the victims of the black rage that are not dead in combat or killed by Astorath that end up in the Tower of Amaero no ?

It's the victims of the black rage that are not dead in combat or killed by Astorath that end up in the Tower of Amaero no ?

The Tower of the Lost, otherwise known as the Tower of Amareo, is where they take the unfortunate souls that fall to the Black Rage or the Red Thirst.

I thought astorath was kind of odd, though cool. I'm curious of his age and how he got his "power" to sense DC. They make it sound like he's been around awhile... But what happens when he dies or who did his job before him? Is it just a coincidence he can sense DC or would anyone who is given his rank just have that ability somehow? Why does Seth kick his *** all the time?

What if Astorath is some crazy guy who tricked Dante into thinking he has some special sense for the rage, when really he is just kinda executing random dudes at will... Sorry for going off topic.

Also really curious about the tower. Wonder if they will ever dive into the beastial screams that come from it... Though I doubt I'd like to see the vampire batmen that it sounds like we turn into and hope it doesn't go there...

Archived