Vlka Fenryka - Ulfamaður - Fenrys Hjolda!

migsula

A long long time member - with years spent in lurking - I've been meaning to get back on the B&C now that I am working on legit B&C subject matter with my Space Wolves. 

Wulfen,

There was a lot to like with the new GW Wulfen models – except the big idea. I never saw the Wulfen as some perfectly formed sub species of skinny lupines, but monster Astartes, each a unique breakdown of Astartes physique through the cancer and curse of the Canis Helix. Huge, dark, lumbering beasts, impossibly agile for their sheer size, each a unique horror. I also saw the transformation as a little more sliding in scale, certain brother’s starting to bear the mark, and others all gone. Atleast in the case of my Company, returned from the Warp after ten millennia of hunting the Traitors, bringing home a trophy.

Some ideas are born ready, One look at the Forge World Blade slaves in the Warhammer World store, and on to build these.

(you can read a BUNCH more about them and see the other stuff finished so far at: https://ironsleet.com/category/vlka-fenryka/

img_2361.jpg?w=1700

img_2355.jpg?w=1700

img_2350.jpg?w=1700

I'm a long-time lurker on Iron Sleet, I've always admired your work as the pinnacle of true-scale Vlka Fenryka warriors. Your work is truly inspiring.

It's great to see your projects get some attention here on B&C.

I've been following your projects for a long time now (on Ironsleet and Spikey Rat Pack before it)  and your stuff has been ever present inspiration for almost everything I create. Glad to see you posting your amazing wolves on BaC now!

I follow this on Ironsleet and your work is incredible.

I would love to know how you do the frosting on the weapon blades that you mentioned very early on in Iron sleet.

Also post in the Space Wolves sub-forum, the folks there will absolutely love your work.

Ahhh man, the most impressive VI Legion members ever are now on the BnC, what a glorious day this is.

I recently got introduced to the Pilgrim and have since started slowly working my way through the rest of the blog and am simply baffled by the amazing conversions you consistently manage to dish out. You are one talented individual and I am incredibly jealous of your talent! smile.png

Thanks guys! So happy to hear you like these. And surprised so many of you know Iron Sleet :)

Believe or not, I've been a member here for like 15 years. Eventually it made sense to focus on our own blog as the works always been a bit niche.

So what's the correct place to keep a log like this? The Space Wolves sub forum?

Thanks guys! So happy to hear you like these. And surprised so many of you know Iron Sleet smile.png

Believe or not, I've been a member here for like 15 years. Eventually it made sense to focus on our own blog as the works always been a bit niche.

So what's the correct place to keep a log like this? The Space Wolves sub forum?

The Space Wolves subforum would probably be one of the best places to document a journey like this (I mean, just look at MaveriK's log! While it may not be the exact same style of work as yours, it captures a similar feel, especially in the later parts,) the other being the Works in Progress subforum. Either would be fine: with the Space Wolves forum you're more likely to communicate with other fans of the Fenryka, obviously, but the WIP thread will garner you a more varied (if not necessarily bigger) audience.

And you'd be surprised at how much influence Iron Sleet has in the community. While not all of us might be boutique craftsmen like yourself and the rest of the gang, all of you guys' work is some of the highest quality out there and never ceases to impress. It's one of the best blogs out there, in my opinion, and I always recommend it to friends who might be curious in the hobby as what's capable of being made.

Hi !

I've followed your work on ironsleet for a long time too. I know every Vlka Fenryka fans have been droping saliva from their jaws since you posted your first pics. At least I can tell I have biggrin.png

I love the way you used nighthaunter, the warmaster and thoses Gal vorbak.

Your desaturated yet impacting paint scheme is just perfect. You succeded, IMHO, depicting the heresy era 13th, back nowadays.

Can't wait to see your incoming new stuff !

Yes it is :-)

But there's also horus and Ferrus…

Since I've first seen them treated as Space wolves I've always wanted to get my very humble version of these.

And I was wondering about a Vulkan with hammer and stormshield…

One day maybe, when I get the time to get involved in such a heavy project…

Thanks for all the inspiration Migs !

Archived