Wishlisting: Mephiston

Indefragable

See the problem is we have the most old models out of everyone. And I don't think they will update them all. It's a shame that the SP wasn't just "Corbulo" when really, he pretty much is right down to the fancy sword (even if I do hate the face compared to the old one).

Mephiston and Dante are good bets though.

Sadly I think Tycho may finally retire in the next Dex - but honestly I'd rather he would unless they have him good rules.

Since Tycho is dead, and is only in our current 'dex because of the timeline, it is unlikely that they redo him yes. I'd be already happy with a new Dante and a new Mephiston though (and maybe a new Sanguinor ? one can hope right ? :p)

So you're saying we should get a second SG kit with more poses and options so we can kit bash even more awesome characters instead!?!?

I actually like that idea. I need more glaive encarmines to mix it up so my SGs aren't all using the same swords that my leader also uses as Valors edge/relic blade.

So you're saying we should get a second SG kit with more poses and options so we can kit bash even more awesome characters instead!?!?

I actually like that idea. I need more glaive encarmines to mix it up so my SGs aren't all using the same swords that my leader also uses as Valors edge/relic blade.

Maybe, maybe not.

You know though - we have such a wealth of bits already... What if GW just went:

Here is the "BA Special Character Sprue".

it's an inflated £15-20 but has:

• Dante Head
  • Dante Axe/ Pistol
  • Dante Jump pack
  • Corbulo Head
  • Corbulo Grail/ Sword
  • Specific pads

Basically a conversion kit :o

I'd prefer a blood angel weapon upgrade spru. I'd love to have more blood angel swords. Like our own relic blade that looks like the Sanguinary Guard sword that is held in a funny way. The normal looking broadsword as opposed to the more saber like swords... Only held correctly xD

Yeah I just want me some more different looking swords so when I make a list with like 20-30 SG years from now they won't all have the same 3 swords....

For mephiston, I think making him similar to a DP statline again would be cool, but to stop others from complaining about that (never really got to play in 5th, but I remember people (opponents) being pissed at how good he was) so I can agree with those saying just ap2 and a way for him to get a third/fourth power besides sanguine sword counting. I would like him to have the wings move or just be faster in general so he can keep up.

• 6 months later...

Stuff in bold is new ideas from me

Hidden Content

Mephiston

WS6 BS5 S5 T5 W3 I5 Ld10 Sv 2+

Wargear:

Master-Crafted Force Sword

Master-Crafted Plasma pistol

Artificer Armor

Frag grenades

Krak grenades

Diurnal Mantle: Counts as Psychic Hood with 24" range. In addition, provides Adamantium Will and a 4++ save to the bearer. 

Special Rules:

ATSKNF

Furious Charge

Fleet

Eternal Warrior

It Will Not Die

Psyker: Mastery Level 3

Master of Bloodspell: May choose 3x powers from the Sanguinary psychic table or roll for 3x powers from tables xyzabcdef

Lord of Death: All units within 12", friend or foe, are -1 Leadership. Units in the same combat as Mephiston are -2 Leadership. Models with the Blood Angels Faction type are immune to this effect. In edition, Mephiston always uses his own Toughness value for the purposes of determining To Wound rolls that he or his unit suffers, regardless of the majority Toughness value. 

Transfixing Gaze: (as written in Codex: Blood Angels)

Mephiston always knows the following powers. He may roll for 3x additional powers as usual. 

Sanguinary Sword: WC1 blessing, makes the bearer S10 AP2

Force: (as written in BRB)

+++

Basically a couple tweaks that bring him back closer to his fluff stats.

• He has a bad- :cuss psychic hood. A unique one at that....hmm....shouldn't that be a relic? hence the Diurnal Mantle. That also gives him a desperately needed invlun save. 
  • Eternal Warrior: because if anyone deserves it, it's this guy
  • It Will Not Die: see Eternal Warrior
  • Master of Blood-magic: needs a better name, but the idea is that as the top-dawg psyker of the BA, you'd think he would know the Sanguinary table better than anyone. An idea in general for faction-specific tables
  • Lord of Death: this gives the aloof, fearsome reputation some on-table justice. It at once makes him a debuffer to the enemy as well as making his Transfixing Gaze more useful than just beating up on Sgts. Combined with his extended Psychic Hood and Adamantium Will, it makes him a bit of a force multiplier....for the BA, but not allies (he should inspire almost as much fear in allies as in enemies).
  • Master-Crafted weapons. A pet peeve of mine. BA are supposed to be like 3rd for artisans after Salamanders and Iron Hands. And Dark Angels' Master librarian gets MC stuff...shouldn't Mephy?  

One more change from me....

"Jump Infantry"

Or maybe he applies Fleet to the whole unit of BA. Not that I wouldn't love him to be able to move 12", but I think we have quite a few of those. 

What if you increased the strength of it and if you tried 3WC or maybe 2 which ever; to increase the stat to become Strength D instead of 10 AP2?

1WC S10 AP2

2WC S10 AP1 (Armourbane/Flesh Bane)

3WC SD AP1

I think keeping it simple may be the trick. S10 AP2, especially with Force up, is going to hurt may a thing in the game. Fleshbane is redundant. Armorbane, is an interesting addition. But in my mind Mephy is supposed to be the challenge-cheeser, not necessarily the Land Raider hunter. But than again, we live in a world of Imperial Knights and such. Besides, who am I to mess with someone else's wishes?

Wings of Sanguinius would be really interesting if it gave the unit it was cast on the jump infantry unit type. That would get rid of Mephiston's mobility trouble and would give us the added hilarity of jump pack terminators

And would also be totally useless on like 80% of our infantry choices since they already are jump infantry. ^^

That's sort of what I was thinking. I really want to see Mephiston get the mobility to tag along with the rest of our armies and throwing a jump pack on him would feel tremendously boring. I haven't read that new book with him yet but there was a recent short story where he was flying around using that psychic power and it was really cool.

All I want for Mephiston is to be who he's supposed to be. The Blood Angel v2.0 if you like, the Conquerer of Red Thirst, he who all Blood Angels should aspire to become.

Therefore compared to what he is now:

1. Toughness 6
  2. It will no die
  3. No Red Thirst (he conquered it, but instead Hatred (Chaos)
  4. Level 4 Psycker
  5. AP2 force sword

And last but not least, I think the time has come for him to finally get a new model. Won't you agree? ;)

Archived