Wishlisting: Mephiston

Indefragable

That's sort of what I was thinking. I really want to see Mephiston get the mobility to tag along with the rest of our armies and throwing a jump pack on him would feel tremendously boring. I haven't read that new book with him yet but there was a recent short story where he was flying around using that psychic power and it was really cool.

He's got psychic wings in the new book and uses them a lot! The new book also lets other librarians use the same power to cast wings.

I would like to see the "Lord of Death" being incorporated somehow to the actual rules;

• "Death" Sanguinary discipline - should be revolving around overcoming death and than dying in glory, vampirism and vortex life leech 
  • He should get some sort of 12" movement back - he is BA LORD of the death 
  • ++ or at least some sort of way how to get it trough psychic powers

~BT

I like the idea of him being just straight up jump infantry. Like, the other librarians need to concentrate and cast wings, but for Mephiston it's just second nature at this point. Something like that anyway.

That's how he is described in the demo read of the new Mephiston novel as well. I'd make him straight up Jump Infantry and give bitz with him to build him either with some psychic bat wings or without them.

I like the idea of him being just straight up jump infantry. Like, the other librarians need to concentrate and cast wings, but for Mephiston it's just second nature at this point. Something like that anyway.

That's how he is described in the demo read of the new Mephiston novel as well. I'd make him straight up Jump Infantry and give bitz with him to build him either with some psychic bat wings or without them.

Exactly my thoughts when suggesting it.

I've always had a picture in my mind of the new model coming with some really cool/ tacky clear red plastic wings xD

The problem with FMCs is that they aren't ICs anymore so he'd have to walk/fly around on his own like Daemon Princes. Jump Infantry would fit better imo. Lets keep the FMC thing for the Sanguinor. :D

The problem with FMCs is that they aren't ICs anymore so he'd have to walk/fly around on his own like Daemon Princes. Jump Infantry would fit better imo. Lets keep the FMC thing for the Sanguinor. biggrin.png

You actually can have FMC as IC, although it massively complicates interactions with other IC....

I dunno. I'd be happy with S5 T5, jump infantry, Sang Sword: st10 ap2. I could live with that.

I like this , but for me, he needs to be T6 or have eternal warrior. I don't think he should be able to be one-shotted off the table...

Being a FMC would give him Jink saves and force snap shots at him. I'm completely fine with him being a character with FMC rules so he can still challenge out if needed. Smash would make him AP2 and and he could double S if needed. Allowing him to jink takes away the need for ablative SS wounds to take high AP/Grav

I really do want him to be a crazy loner again.

It really gives us something unique.

Then again, maybe the Sanguinor should be our crazy solo guy who knows.

I like us as the Eternal Warrior faction. Reflects our long life and dedication. Dante, Mephiston, Sanguinor.

I really do want him to be a crazy loner again.

It really gives us something unique.

Then again, maybe the Sanguinor should be our crazy solo guy who knows.

I like us as the Eternal Warrior faction. Reflects our long life and dedication. Dante, Mephiston, Sanguinor.

That's the problem though. Not all of our special snowflakes should get all the goodies. T5 would mean only S10 or force weapons could instagib him. Throw in IC and an invul save and that should be good enough.

Imho, of course.

Archived