Expanding on Kill Team Cassius

appiah4

What would be the best choice of what to get after KT Cassius? I feel the DW vets box aint too shabby but it nets me 5 vets and no more. Instead I could get the DW Captain which will give me 10 shoulderpads to use with my unused tac squads and a horde of conversion bitz in the Captain box.. the DW Razorback also looks fantastic in that regard.. So torn..

The vet box won't give you any extra deathwatch shoulder pads but you'll have a lot of extra weapons, combined with either the razor or the captain you should have plenty of pads to use on tacticals.

If i was you I would get a DW vet box and the DW captain. That way you have tons of weapon bits from the DW kit but also the extra DW pads you need for more guys to use the extra weapons.

Personally tho I'm probably only going to get the terminator captain because I want that guy for my black templars and up until now he has only been available lumped with other things I really didn't feel like getting. Then I'll use the DW bits to make the 2 or 3 guys I want to add to kill team cassius and call it a day. (Oh I guess I'll need the codex...)

At this point I only definitely want to build a black templar to join the deathwatch, and maybe 2 black shields (from HH traitor legions, you cant stop me!)

As of right now (and perhaps forever) the DW vets box is the only way to get the heavy thunderhammers, more frag cannons, xenos blade (easy proxies fir that though), and shotguns (again more easy proxies). Also it has the super fancy left arms. I would recommend a vet box to use to fill out more guys with the shiny gear.

Terminator box has 30 spare pads, 1 spare terminator pad, and 5 termies to make aquila kill teams. Probably most cost effective way to start watch company.

But no meltafists.. :( I bought the terminator box, but i regret it, and wish i bought kill team cassius instead.. 

Terminator box has 30 spare pads, 1 spare terminator pad, and 5 termies to make aquila kill teams. Probably most cost effective way to start watch company.

But no meltafists.. :( I bought the terminator box, but i regret it, and wish i bought kill team cassius instead..

Replace the blade of the chain fist with a meltagun barrel and you've got a decent enough conversion. Maybe eventually they'll actually make one in a kit but don't count on it.

What really pisses me off is that the new DW upgrade sprue has no scoped boltguns. The pads are nice and all but come on now the scoped Boltgun is a staple equipment of the DW. Makes me want to buy the pewter upgrade pack instead..

Im not hurting for things like shotguns and frag cannons. Anvil Ind has me covered for that. I suppose Ill get the scopes there as well.

Kind of have my mind set on getting a Captain box for 11 quids. I would get the new Terminator captain but I already have the best Terminator Captain model ever.

But no meltafists.. sad.png I bought the terminator box, but i regret it, and wish i bought kill team cassius instead..

Buy inferno pistol from BA tactical kit (bit shops are full of them), cut off grip, add to power fist, done. If the helps, KT Cassius is full of completely illegal or suboptimal loadouts, Space Wolf and Dark Angel are unfieldable without conversion, biker doesn't really belong in most kill teams, really, besides 2 HQs, Ultramarine sniper and IF frag cannon, that box is more of a shelf exhibition piece than game models.

But no meltafists.. sad.png I bought the terminator box, but i regret it, and wish i bought kill team cassius instead..

Buy inferno pistol from BA tactical kit (bit shops are full of them), cut off grip, add to power fist, done. If the helps, KT Cassius is full of completely illegal or suboptimal loadouts, Space Wolf and Dark Angel are unfieldable without conversion, biker doesn't really belong in most kill teams, really, besides 2 HQs, Ultramarine sniper and IF frag cannon, that box is more of a shelf exhibition piece than game models.

Has anyone tried the underslung meltaguns from Assault Centurions? Just a thought.

Archived