Strength 10's Khorne Daemonkin

Strength 10

Hello! I've finally finished the 1500pt Grey Knights army that has occupied me for the last year or so, and am now onto my next project.

Inspired by so many great looking Khorne armies here, and the fact it looks like a really fun army to play, Khorne Daemonkin is up next. I've ordered enough stuff to build the Slaughtercult, Gorepack and Brazen Onslaught formations, but until that stuff turns up I've bought myself a Start Collecting! Khorne Bloodbound box to get busy with making a Juggernaught Lord.

The first thing I've done is managed to hack the slaughterpriest model up enough to put him atop a Juggernaught. I don't normally convert / remodel my armies too much outside of the odd head/weapon swap but this was a lot of fun. Part of me thinks the power fist looks a bit weird being low down? Comments and criticism welcome.

Thanks!

Jugger Lord 01

Jugger Lord 02

Okay! Revision number, two which I'm much happier with. I have some jewelry chain I will add as reins from the power fist (it's a perfect shape for holding it) to the Juggernaught once the green stuff etc is dried. 

Any comments? 

Thanks for your feedback before Psycho, it helped a lot, cheers.

S10

JuggerLord 03

• 2 weeks later...

First paint committed. Took 3-4 test models but finally found a colour scheme I like for these Flesh hounds. Other attempts ended up too dark, too pastel-y with highlights or too monocolour.

Still waiting on being able to find a piece of real slate to smash up for the bases, currently they're on 40mm temporarily just for painting. 

Any comments and crit welcome, thanks.

Flesh Hounds

• 1 month later...

Finished the first 3 of 6 bikers for my Gorepack. Man I forgot how long it takes to paint biker models, glad I didn't go for a Ravenwing army in the end.

Spent a week trying to nail a different darker colour scheme before finally deciding to go with the one I came up with on the first model!

KDK Bikers

Nice work on both parts of the Gorepack! I agree that bikers always seem to take at least three times as long as an infantry model, even though they don't seem that much bigger.  think you've got a nice, clean looking scheme for both the power armor and the daemons - hopefully it's easily replicated.

How were the puppets war counts-as flesh hounds to work on? They look great!

Thanks very much. I wanted something darker for the power armour but the problem is with the chaos trims there's few places to put a nice bright edge highlight, and I didn't want to line the inside all of the panels. Actually I'm really pleased with them now.

The hounds were a real pleasure to paint, some really nice details to highlight or drybrush. The they take a little while to prep, removing flash, and the bones along their backs are a bit undefined. Also their feet are pretty ugly / simple but overall I think they're much better than anything GW offers. They really feel like two wound T4 brutes. 

Next are some bloodletters. What I like about this army is there's a lot of different unit types, rather than multiple squads of similar miniatures. Cheers.

Where are those Flesh Hounds from?

Terrific work so far. thumbsup.gif

Edit: They look like the Forge World Hounds of Xaphan (or whatever their name is), I think.

Sgt. Blank said above that they may be from Puppets War.

Digging your Juggerlord thumbsup.gif And agreed, much better with the new PFs.

I'm not at all up to date on current kits - where exactly is his head from?? It's not from the Slaughterpriest I don't think?

The head is from the Khorne Bloodcrushers kit, it's comes with a bunch of them actually. You can see one on the champ of my 3 bikers there also.

The jugger lord might get painted after the bloodletters, but I need to figure out how to magnetise him since there's a few different loadouts that seem to be good annoyingly...

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Digging your Juggerlord thumbsup.gif And agreed, much better with the new PFs.

I'm not at all up to date on current kits - where exactly is his head from?? It's not from the Slaughterpriest I don't think?

The head is from the Khorne Bloodcrushers kit, it's comes with a bunch of them actually. You can see one on the champ of my 3 bikers there also.

The jugger lord might get painted after the bloodletters, but I need to figure out how to magnetise him since there's a few different loadouts that seem to be good annoyingly...

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Much appreciated, I see a Chaplain head conversion in that :) Cheers!

Archived