2500pt Salamanders (Covenant of Fire)

foamy248

Hey guys,

I'm starting out with 30k, and have decided to do Salamanders. The list I have created is not very competitive, and I still need another ~300 points (so I'd be grateful for any suggestions smile.png). The intention is that Vulcan and the Firedrakes go in the Spartan and deal with Tanks, TEQ's and other deathstars, and the tacticals camp objectives. The Contemptor-Mortis Dreads go pew-pew at fliers/infantry and support the tacticals, while the heavy support squad deals with other blobs/infantry etc.

+++ Salamanders (2235pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List (Age of Darkness) (2235pts) ++
+ HQ (900pts) +
Legion Praetor (900pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Digital Lasers, Dragonscale Storm Shield, Mantle of the Elder Drake, Mastercraft a Single Weapon, Thunderhammer]
····Firedrake Terminator Squad [4x Firedrakes, 4x Thunder Hammer]
········Firedrake Master [Dragonscale Storm Shield, Master-crafted Thunder Hammer]
········Legion Spartan Assault Tank [Armoured Ceramite, Flare Shield, Twin-linked Heavy Flamer]
········Legiones Astartes [Legion Specific Rules]
····Legiones Astartes [Legion Specific Rules]
+ Troops (370pts) +
Legion Tactical Squad (185pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines]
····Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist]
Legion Tactical Squad (185pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines]
····Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist]
+ Elites (370pts) +
Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought (185pts) [Extra Armour, Two Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons]
Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought (185pts) [Extra Armour, Two Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons]
+ Heavy Support (170pts) +
Legion Heavy Support Squad (170pts) [Heavy Flamers, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 4x Legion Space Marines]
····Legion Sergeant [Power Armour]
+ Legion +
Legion Astartes [Loyalist, XVIII: Salamanders]
+ Lord of War (425pts) +
Vulkan (425pts) [Primarch]
····Master of the Legion [The Covenant of Fire]
Any thoughts? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated smile.png

I assume you want Dragonscale storm shields on all your Firedrakes? You only have one on the Master. And maybe swap some thunder hammers for chainfists to help deal with Tanks better.

Given the bonus you get from "The Covenant of Fire", I would definitely take multi-meltas on your Rhinos. They're a brilliant choice that is even better when running this Rite of War. Also consider some dozer blades on all your Tanks, and Vexilla on the Tacticals.

The HSS with heavy flamers needs more models - and I'd swap their Rhino for Promethium Relay Pipes! Can't say anything bad about the Kheres-Mortis though. :)

Finally, I would swap the Praetor for a Chaplain - he'll buff them and Vulkan nicely with re-rolls to hit - and you already have Vulkan as a Master of the Legion to unlock "The Covenant of Fire".

It is decent, your Spartan will be an extremis-primary target. Debunking such a deathstar will yield a big advantage for the foe.

Your primary AV is melee based too, if you face heavy armour with high strength guns (Venators, Vanquishers, grav anything) you may struggle. Something to be aware of!

I assume you want Dragonscale storm shields on all your Firedrakes? You only have one on the Master. And maybe swap some thunder hammers for chainfists to help deal with Tanks better.

Given the bonus you get from "The Covenant of Fire", I would definitely take multi-meltas on your Rhinos. They're a brilliant choice that is even better when running this Rite of War. Also consider some dozer blades on all your Tanks, and Vexilla on the Tacticals.

The HSS with heavy flamers needs more models - and I'd swap their Rhino for Promethium Relay Pipes! Can't say anything bad about the Kheres-Mortis though. smile.png

Finally, I would swap the Praetor for a Chaplain - he'll buff them and Vulkan nicely with re-rolls to hit - and you already have Vulkan as a Master of the Legion to unlock "The Covenant of Fire".

It is decent, your Spartan will be an extremis-primary target. Debunking such a deathstar will yield a big advantage for the foe.

Your primary AV is melee based too, if you face heavy armour with high strength guns (Venators, Vanquishers, grav anything) you may struggle. Something to be aware of!

Awesome smile.png Thanks guys, I've swapped the Praetor for a Chaplain and added MM's to the Rhinos. Also considering the relay pipes... confused.gif Also, God-Potato, thanks for the advice - I may tailor my list to more shooty armies, I guess.

Archived