Monika's legion selection. WIP Thread.

Vect

Hi everybody,

My wife has training painting and has painted about 10 minis, I am posting some of the pics.

She really wanted to hear input of other people so I told her I will post some pics on BaC. I have also encouraged her to become a member, hopefully she will take over this thread once she creates her account.

In my opinion she really has allot of talent. (I painted quite poorly my 10th mini, he was stripped profusely [grey knights 10 years or so back])

p.s. I know I am lucky ;-).

Edit: Is there any legion selection guide/video?, something giving a brief outline of a legions tactics their primarch etc... She needs some help on deciding, and to be honest I am quite biased tongue.png

gallery_66530_12428_631254.jpg

Damn! That's really impressive :tu:

As for constructive feedback I'd just echo Noctus. The highlights seem just a bit too thick and they're very stark in contrast to the base colours. Instead of using yellow to highlight the red I'd suggest using an orange. If she still wants to use some yellow to really make the edges pop, just make sure that the highlights are very thin and only used on the sharpest edges. Your wife obviously has quite a bit of natural talent, so she should be able refine her skills relatively quickly.

Looking forward to seeing some more :)

The hats a sharp red there! You are a lucky fella, but...you snapped an unwary shot and you are still living? You are one brave humanoid hahahaha tongue.png

Thanks! Yeah she first agreed for me to post the picture, once I showed her the topic she promptly requested for me to take it off tongue.png, anger ensued however by the powers of chaos I managed to escape unscathed and with my flesh where it belongs! tongue.png

They're excellently painted miniatures, without your indication, I'd never have guessed that she'd only painted 10 models

A good guide to the Legions might actually be the one on Forge World's own site, here:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Horus-Heresy

Thank you she was really happy to read your comment. I showed her that exactly, however I am struggling to find a "guide to selecting a legion" with more in depth information.

These are really good, especially for someone new to painting! Hope to see more of her work.

Much appreciated!

Some of the highlighting is a bit thick for my tastes on the red marine (I assume a Word Bearer?) but otherwise some spot on work. Very clean painting.

I told her that exactly, however it took me ages to be able to do edge properly and even now I am a but rough. Thinning paints it the best in this case IMHO, I use like a 4 : 1 ratio of lahmian to any color I am highlighting.

Damn! That's really impressive thumbsup.gif

As for constructive feedback I'd just echo Noctus. The highlights seem just a bit too thick and they're very stark in contrast to the base colours. Instead of using yellow to highlight the red I'd suggest using an orange. If she still wants to use some yellow to really make the edges pop, just make sure that the highlights are very thin and only used on the sharpest edges. Your wife obviously has quite a bit of natural talent, so she should be able refine her skills relatively quickly.

Looking forward to seeing some more smile.png

I have been showing her your guides for the past weeks when it comes to painting them they have been a great boon, as well as Duncan's (GW). However all is lost as I was painting last night and she was gluing I played an episode of the IC's where they talk about the WB. And she figured that she hates them tongue.png, well I cant really blame her since they manipulated my beloved Horus tongue.png. So we are back to the drawing board.

I have been telling the background for days, shes been going towards to Ultras, so hopefully that what she chooses... I will keep you posted!

Archived