The Celestial Knights of the II Legion, The Lost Sons

This first post will be for when everything comes together

So after about 8 years of wanting to make this project I can officially say that I am creating my own legion! The Celestial Knights! For the past few months I have been collecting a lot of names of marines, ships and planet names. My legion is based on knights; mainly king arthur! still going infact

At university so work may be a bit slow at times but this will always be a long term project that will just keep growing and growing!

I started a blog too so if you're interested I will give weekly posts on there too

http://celestial-knights.blogspot.co.uk/

in the next post ill show my first update! I will update this post with the main information for my legion. Feedback along the way will be very helpful as I have not come up with a proper colour scheme yet except a bright silver as the main colour and I do not want it to look anything like iron warriors so help would be appreciated with that!

So first off modelling wise I got these special terminators from "Wargame Exclusive" I have over a 100 of these bad boys that I am getting ready Here are the parts. A set of shoulder pads, torso and a head. I use Calth termie legs and arms too.

now the PROBLEM I have is the shoulders of these guys dont really fit the calth arms, currently exploring ways of getting them to work together but the shoulder pads will almost definitely be glued to the body

14608135_10154699709003846_1663560708_n.

as you can see and they give a knight theme.. thinking of calling them the "Templar Pattern"

After buying all of these and starting to take the mould lines off I decided to magnetise them all (yes this will take but like I said this is going to be a long term project) currently got about 5 ready with arm options. Gonna order some more magnets as I will run out soon!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-s8BDQHFpFwQ/V_v1cUX7tEI/AAAAAAAAAGI/XGLyj1vlRa02xYaHySJxlMMksadDQvIzwCK4B/s1600/14625435_10154699596273846_695176303_n.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-u9eILWtaOMs/V_v1giVSXXI/AAAAAAAAAGQ/iRiDBjgllCsqSBehaVflPw9X7pUG15KFACK4B/s1600/14627807_10154699593098846_55684555_n.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-bbsLY5SVF4c/V_v1i0YjZzI/AAAAAAAAAGY/viyCsOOUrxYYeygCMh7h0RLIEfwicTgOwCK4B/s1600/14657706_10154699597803846_1225233576_n.jpg

So currently Im taking the mould lines off over 100 terminators and magnetising them! will take a while but in the mean time ill probably buy some normal marines and carry on having fluff

1.jpg

also I will be eventually adding this into the main post but here is an example of the heraldry I will be using these shields to the different houses/kingdoms (don't know what name to pick yet)

http://i.imgur.com/S9LyJuL.png

Nice to see another lost legion, brother! I like the conversion parts.  To get the arms to fit, you could always file the shoulders at the parts the pads will cover.  You'd need to get more pads for your arm options, but I think it would work.  

I like the knights theme, how will you differentiate it from the Dark Angels and Imperial fists?  They both keep very knightly themes.  Dark Angels especially so, as they are very Arthurian in fluff.  

Hey :)!

currently trying to work on the lore, I have a lot of names and locations I just need to think of a different identity as such, what lore is about the imperial fists knight wise? havnt read much about them im afriad... I will have more specific units with swords and shields as such

and yea currently trying different options although I may not be able to get the pads seperate

Thanks Doghouse!

So in the end I thought "scrap the silver" too much like iron warriors and that was always in the back of my mind so I decided to try out a different scheme, something really unique to the legions and noticeable. So here we go!

14686547_10154717898513846_1967865874_n.

The quality aint the best but basically I decided to make an orange colour scheme, it's really simple and it looks quite decent; the termie isn't quite finished but I think it looks pretty good (maybe not my meh paint job but the colours) the black goes well with this orange. Hopefully I can finish this guy off within a day or 2 and start on the next few the weekend after this!

14619958_10154717898593846_1064932330_n.

Same with the back, I still need to wash and highlight the model ofcourse but I am quite fond of how this has turned out and I hope you guys like it!

14696905_10154717898633846_1023905740_n.

was thinking about keeping the helmet black but highlighting it because it is impossible to see at the moment, the V line is quite nice as it keeps a good contrast for the black/orange together

What do you guys think??

Very nice so far! That orange definitely needs some more definition added to it. Now the next thing: make all those ridges silver. Please. No gold only on shoulder pads? Why? Orange and gold blend together, and you will lose definition if you over use the gold

I don't know about the gold but I will apply the silver ridges :)

And yea the orange ;) I really like the orange! you should do they are great , the only fault with them is the right side of the right fan comes off really easily and unfortunately it's happened to a lot of mine already but other than that they're fine!:)

Thanks! Fellow mass effect fan eh?

Slow update sorry about that!

I need opinions on my legion icon? Was thinking an English type cross

Should I have just a shield? My legion likes old style family crests and on the shield I would have the colour of the chapter they belong too or is it too bland?

This is important as I am currently talking to a sculptor on making my own shoulder pads for my guys and I want them done soon so I can test them out with my Prospero MK iii marines !:)

If you are going for a shield how about cutting thin plastic card in shape? Will save.you the money for the sculptor. But yes, shield.is a bit bland. Celestial..how anout a winged shield?

625x465_4350083_323788_1459314583.jpg the first ones are expensive, but you could then cast them or pressmold them.

That...is a tank of a trooper

I have 115 of these bad boys waiting to be painted!

And interesting, I have found someone who can produce the pads fairly cheap so I might go with that but wow I like the design! The shield and the wings go so well together ! The only thing I was thinking was putting St. George's Cross in the middle of it and then paint the chapter's colours inside the shield but I really like that design!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I have not been proactive recently!

Had 0 internet and a very busy time but I have an update for you all!

With the new box coming out it was obvious I would get the MK III marines, getting 150 in total and have around 30 with me at the moment

384KMIF.jpg

Already put together 20 of them! they are brilliant with so many options, I don't really care for rules at the moment so I have put as many guns as possible on them to make them look awesome!

NGdq3fk.jpg

As well I have put some of the Bretonnian knight heads on a few of them (still buying them so if you have any let me know!) They look cool and still give a space marine type of feel.

tFrcs1p.jpg

Now with the new box set it is possible to make despoiler marines! I put 2 together for now and when I get the rest of my marines I can get around 10 despoiler marines which is awesome as it saves a lot of money on the close combat, the only frustration is they're all on the same side so I might buy a couple of Forgeworld arms if I can find them.

Still working on my magnets but that is taking quite a while as there are so many to drill but thats my update for now!

14958790_10154037530722596_938870439_n.j

One last thing... this was at the Horus Heresy Weekender... maybe in the near future I could get a couple for my legion who knows msn-wink.gif

Archived